cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LVNDSCAPE
Protege
'It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data. This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost. Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export. The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to - a PC / Mac using USB Cable - Cloud upload - E-Mail
8 Comments
DingbatSam
Explorer
This is a big one for me. With the Quest having limited storage space at some point in the future we'll have to delete games to make space for new ones. It would be great to have a way to back up our save files so we could reinstall a game and have all our original save data
NodeTech
Honored Guest
If you know how, and if you don't a quick google search will help, it can be easily done. Sadly requires developer mode though.
danbailey87
Explorer
Would love to see this, to save progress in games. I have had a couple of issues on the Quest in past times and both have suggested to reset the quest back to factory default and obviously on both occasions lost all saved games. This option would be great in the cloud.
herman_van_boei
Honored Guest
Contrary to what other might comment here: this is only *PARTIALLY* possible at the moment. Developer mode or not. There's a hidden partition on the quest where some games store their save data, out of reach of the regular Android file manager. So this feature request stands! 🙂
one3rdnerd
Protege
This is urgently needed.
NickMajora
Honored Guest
I know cloud saves have been implemented on Oculus' end already but it should be mandatory for all developers to implement.
anonymousaccoun
Honored Guest
The fact that anything close to resembling a backup / restore solution is missing from the Go / Quest is insane. This is basic functionality that had been around for literally decades and should be first steps for a commercial product like this.
x2yzh9
Honored Guest
Had a friend who was trying to get the V28 update the other day, had to walk him through how to trigger the process itself. A backup file would be cool for people like him because he has saved files/documents/game data on his quest 2, so he can't 'just' do a factory reset, unless I were to walk him through some very obfuscated steps to backup his Q2. Sometimes people do factory resets for hardware/software persistent bugs/glitches or just to get the newest update(like I did the other day..). This would be useful!