cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calforb
Explorer
Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them. Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset. Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them. More options would be great but an option to remove apps permanently from the menus would be much appreciated.
19 Comments
Foemy
Honored Guest

ability to permently remove demo's or games from your library, would help a lot for people with ocds (like me) or in generally people with less vr experience from picking the wrong games titles like starting up "beat saber demo" when you have the full version installed, for i have experience even if you set your library to only show "indstalled" titles it keep switching back to showing "all" titles again after a gaming session.

Steam even have this ability, if you downloade a free/demo title you can easily remove it from you library again.

a way to protect users from permently deleting titles that they dont wanne lose, could be done by using the same way as you purchased protect from buying title by password protection or simple pin-code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My aunt installed some games onto my Oculus Quest 2 without my permission and it's making me want to quit using my device with the inability to completely remove the unwanted games I don't want in my library. 

Does anyone know when Facebook will quit refusing to give us this option? I'm close to wiping and sell the darn thing. 

tigerstripe.2022
Explorer

The fact you can’t delete app icons that you’ve uninstalled from the App Library is ridiculous… my son now won’t use his VR headset as he tried a game that frightened him, we uninstalled the app but every time he puts the headset on he sees the picture of the app, which upsets him and there doesn’t seem any way we can delete it completely from there.

carlo.j.vella
Honored Guest

It seems they don't want to listen to us. It's been going on like this for a long time and nothing has happened and I don't think anything will. I now have around 20 useless apps that are just sitting in my library taking up space and have now learned not to try any other apps - which means no more purchasing of apps. I spent a lot of money buying these goggles and spent money buying apps. I want you to help us and let us delete what we don't want. After all, the products your apps are on belongs to us, NOT yours. Do not DICTATE to us what we should have locked into our goggles.

murpheus.2022
Honored Guest

I can see this problem has been going on a long time, so I'm not hopeful of any progress, but I wish to echo the statements above. 

I need to be able to remove unused/uninstalled app tiles from the default app screen. It's a simple feature that would improve user experience significantly. I shouldnt have to install 3rd party software like Pi Launcher to be able to manage my UI. 

If you cannot fix it so we can remove tiles, allow us to set "installed apps" as the default view permanently. 

cue_em
Explorer

Agree. Some apps will never be re-used so I need to delete them. 

dc.92498
Honored Guest

Meta Quest 2 Developers, please add a function for us which will enable everyone to delete any apps they don't want to have on their headset any longer e.g. demos, apps they bought but no longer want etc.

edwin_r_c
Explorer

I posted this in the ideas section. Maybe with enough upvotes they'll listen https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas-of-the-Month/Be-able-to-remove-apps-from-my-library/idi-...

absynth0101
Honored Guest

This is the most disappointing aspect of the Quest 3 headset.

I can delete android apps from my google account, and from what I understand, Quest is running on a form of android. Does that mean Meta went out of its way to disable a core feature of apps? For what reason? Certainly no one was thinking about user experience if that was a conscious decision. It's also not like a feature to delete apps from an account would be difficult to implement. At best, the restriction results in user frustration, and probably deters anyone from downloading demos, which also hurts the platform as a whole.