cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Floatharr
Explorer
It's difficult to remain anonymous while streaming VR using Oculus software because your real name is shown in multiple places with no way to hide it. A simple toggle should replace your real name everywhere with the nickname you've set.
8 Comments
ravrulez
Honored Guest
When opening the home menu(left wrist menu), your real name is currently displayed on your home sphere (where you can grab it and take a new preview photo). Please change that to the display name instead so that anyone recording or streaming does not reveal their real name by mistake.
william3431
Explorer
In the desktop app, it shows your real name. If i share my screen with anyone, it shows my real name. I don't want my real name all over the place. Let us disable this.
dugthefreshest
Honored Guest
In reality, streaming isn't something you should be doing if you're worried about remaining anonymous?
SaturnsVoid
Protege
Maybe a "Streamer Mode"? It would hide or Obfuscate personal information?
PerrineHC
Honored Guest
People often stream without facecams, and with pseudonyms. Don't be a *****.
blueknight
Honored Guest
To a lot of people it is more about building a brand. If you want to be knows as BigBadJohn then when someone sees Dudley Doolittle it distracts from that brand awareness.
lwilkins753
Honored Guest
If you have a Facebook account on it, you can disconnect it and it will no longer show your real name on the thing. But that's only if you have an account connected to it. If you do: 1. Login to your Facebook on a computer or mobile device 2. Go to your settings 3. Go to your devices 4. Remove the Oculus
Netheri
Rising Star
Streamers really need this. Making a fake FB account for the sake of protecting identity is just a workaround and once again just makes one make one more FB account which shjould not be needed to use Oculus as a curstomer wants.