cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldelprete
Level 3

I just bought a second oculus quest 2 headset for my kids to play against each other and simultaneously.  However, I just discovered that you can’t app share on more than one headset. This would mean that I have to buy the games twice in order for my kids to be able to play against/with each other. Please make family accounts linked to accounts rather than to the headsets. 

41 Comments
Pianollama
Level 3

I’m having this same issue and it will not let me app share in the second headset. This means the admin has to be one of the players. Two secondary accounts on separate headsets cannot play the same game unless it is purchased twice. Absolutely ridiculous! Facebook better fix it quick   

Addsey
Level 3

That suggestion is ridiculous, you can't do that on any game system so why would Oculus allow it? Also making sure family headsets are on the same wi-fi is also ridiculous, the entire advantage of the quest 2 being wireless and portable would be lost

Pianollama
Level 3

All game systems that my family currently owns allow sharing of games.  and secondary users are allowed to play with each other across multiple systems including nintendo switch, PlayStation, Xbox, computer games on Steam, you name it. Oculus is the only one limiting this that I know of.  Being the same wifi would mean it’s one family and it’s still wireless so I don’t think that defeats the purpose. But I agree that being on the same wifi is not a good suggestion. 

Addsey
Level 3

Those consoles allow you to save 1 console as your main which allows other users play your games on that specific console and if you have the online service i.e gold, PSN, then that main account only can play his owned games on other systems. That's not what was suggested Oculus should do. It was said they should allow sharing on all devices in the same household which no other games system can do. Steam only allows you to play the game if the library owner isn't using the library, unless the account holder plays offline

Pianollama
Level 3

That is true for PlayStation, you must have the primary system selected. Maybe my siblings and I were just lucky for years that we never ran into a problem. I do appreciate the info Addsey. The discrepancy here is that multiplayer games allow secondary users to play on those other systems. The inherent difference with VR headsets is that they are single player, so you must have two “consoles” to play. That’s why so many of us are upset when they also make you buy two games if you want to play multiplayer in the same house. So really it’s something that other systems kind of offer but not really because VR is inherently different. But for those of us that aren’t so rich it would be nice to not have to buy everything twice. 

Addsey
Level 3

If you login your other VR headset using your main account and downloaded all the games then add secondary accounts, the other accounts get full access to your games and can play your games at the same time on the second headset as you on your main headset. There's no need to buy the games twice unless you mean using a 3rd or 4th headset but then you can't do that on the other consoles either.

Pianollama
Level 3

What you described does work but the issue people are having here is that they want their kids to be able to play together. Both kids on separate headsets wouldn’t be able to because they are both secondary. Or in my case, my girlfriend can’t play on my headset without playing on my user profile because my first headset isn’t able to share the apps while the other one is being played by a secondary account. Therefore I would be forced to buy a second set of the game for the other headset or on my girlfriends account. It gets even more ridiculous when you get into specific apps like beat saber and the music bundles that can’t be shared with anybody. Anyways, thank you for your help, but my issue isn’t resolved.I’m irritated by it. Rant over. 

Phillips218
Level 3

The fact that I have 4 Oculus quest 2s and cannot play with my kids without nothing but headaches is complete BS!!!!

annette.lerro.3
Level 3

Odd i just got off chat with support because our apps are not sharing from one account to the others on the same device and they told me we would need multiple headsets to share apps. 🤔

CheTavy
Level 3

It is ridiculous and I wonder how many Oculus Quest 2's get returned after families discover this problem, or not bought at all because now I have to think about whether or not it's worth having a second one knowing I have to spend an additional $200 for all the games we want to play together. 

For those wondering... yes you can share apps in a household. But if one person has the app/game open, then another headset can't have the same app/game open at the same time. Thereby making it impossible to play multiplayer and co-op games UNLESS you buy the game twice.