cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldelprete
Level 3

I just bought a second oculus quest 2 headset for my kids to play against each other and simultaneously.  However, I just discovered that you can’t app share on more than one headset. This would mean that I have to buy the games twice in order for my kids to be able to play against/with each other. Please make family accounts linked to accounts rather than to the headsets. 

31 Comments
calenton121958
Level 2

Can someone simply explain step by step how to set up app sharing on two quest 2 headsets?  Just too much confusion with opinions. My crusty 63 year old brain just needs the skinny. Thanks in advance

Addsey
Level 3

Ok so if your turning the headsets on for the first time you need to setup both headsets using the same user account (that has your games on). Then once setup, add the other person's account (as a second user).

Next go to settings (gear icon) > accounts > toggle app sharing.

Job done!

Just make sure your individual accounts are logged in when you want to play at the same time (my 2nd headset keeps logging the main account back in when not in use & I forget to change account)

calenton121958
Level 2

So simple, much appreciated! You made my day. Now I can go beat up ( not literally) on my better half. Thank you so much.

Addsey
Level 3

No problem 😆

KillGrave9913
Level 4

Wow @Duffer5 Very well said and it makes total sense. It should be able to recognize that all headsets, however many there are in a household, are on the same IP address. A ton of companies do that and FB needs to get on board for sure.

nick.baguio
Level 2

@Addsey so, just to be clear, this can play the same app/game at the same time?  

Addsey
Level 3

@nick.baguio  yes that's correct. Just make sure your using different accounts when you want to play as your second headset will login the admin by default

flyawayMandoK
Level 2

Here! here! 
I agree. Ridiculous to have to purchase app twice in same household, same family, for family members to play two (or more players) together. The point is to bring people together online. 
We received two headsets (oculus quest 2) from generous family members over Christmas. We will be returning at least one, since the point was for the family to play together.  

nick.baguio
Level 2

@Addsey @Thanks!  Just confirmed for me to pick up another oculus headset for my wife.

KillGrave9913
Level 4

@Addsey here is one more question for you about all this, would I have to factory reset my wife's headset so that i can set it up under mine since i have more games than her and add her as a secondary like you said? If so, won't she lose her games and if not that also means i can't play her games as well. Why do they make it so difficult other than wanting both parties, even though same household hence same IP address, to both buy same games in order to play each other.