cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldelprete
Explorer

I just bought a second oculus quest 2 headset for my kids to play against each other and simultaneously.  However, I just discovered that you can’t app share on more than one headset. This would mean that I have to buy the games twice in order for my kids to be able to play against/with each other. Please make family accounts linked to accounts rather than to the headsets. 

41 Comments
Addsey
Explorer

@KillGrave9913 yes you have to factory reset, sadly it's the only way to change the primary account and then set your wife up as the secondary account. The Secondary account can redownload her games but only the secondary account has access to them as game sharing only works for the primary account user.

So basically the secondary account holder can access the games of both accounts and the primary account holder can only access their games.

This is why I buy all games on my account and the other half accesses them by logging my account in her headset as primary.

They could make it easier to be honest but it doesn't bother me to much as majority of my games I buy on Steam cheap and connect the guest 2 to my pc.

Saves me a fortune and there's a much bigger selection of games plus I can avoid being screwed over by META like the RIFT headset users when a newer headset gets released

Borkpool
Honored Guest

This. The only other option is to buy games and packs in pairs or triplets in order to play as a family. My wife has admin on both devices, so she can play with out son, but I can't unless I but the game a second time. I have a few games on my account that can't be shared with either of them. Very disappointing 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in and sharing everyone! Please make sure you add a +1 to this Idea which seems to be for the same topic. For the sake of keeping everything in one place, we'll use that thread as the main one if there's any news to share around family accounts.

Ugly-Sr
Honored Guest

Does Facebook/Oculus/Meta have a buy back program?
I have multiple headsets that I would let students come and play group games in one large room. To create multiple accounts and set up sharing is a nightmare and limiting, and buying multiple games and apps is unrealistic.
Unless there is a system to set up as a household account, or same wifi security requirement, or something to make sharing apps for my children possible,... then, I need to unload a half dozen headsets.

Howyalykdemapls
Honored Guest

My sole purpose for buying 2 headsets was to play other ppl in my household on the same game at the same time. Very disappointed to find out you have to buy most games twice to achieve this. And the ones that you are supposed to be able to do this with don't work well.

Also, I have questions that I don't want to wait a day to get a return message on. And with all the back and forth it could be 3 days before the question is answered. There really should be a customer support person I can talk too.

Addsey
Explorer

@Howyalykdemapls 

You can play the same game at the same time though, you just need to be using different accounts when you do it.

Also you can contact customer support via chat instantly.

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Howyalykdemapls
Honored Guest

Addsey,

The games i purchased do not show up under the 2nd account. I know I can if I purchase the game twice but that is what my complaint is.

And the only customer service I have been able to get is by email.

I will try your link. Thank you!

Would really like to speak with a knowledgeable tech or user though.

Addsey
Explorer

@Howyalykdemapls 

You have to set both headsets up with your account as the main user then enable game sharing on the second headset. You then add your other household users account as a secondary user which will enable them to download all of your games. You can only share from the main user account so name sure you but all the games on the same account.

When you play together make sure the secondary account is logged in on the second headset as the main user account seems to automatically login a lot on mine presumably after it's been shutdown which will stop you both being able to play together

Howyalykdemapls
Honored Guest

Addsey you are a genius. You solved what 3 emails with the oculus customer service couldn't. 

I had app share on the wrong headset. Thank you so much my friend.

Derbygirl13
Honored Guest

@Addsey I have read a ton of threads to find what I’m looking for and your comments on this thread have helped the most! Thank you so much! I do have one question. Do I need to add the secondary account onto both devices or just the device my daughter would be playing on? Hope that makes sense.