cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldelprete
Explorer

I just bought a second oculus quest 2 headset for my kids to play against each other and simultaneously.  However, I just discovered that you can’t app share on more than one headset. This would mean that I have to buy the games twice in order for my kids to be able to play against/with each other. Please make family accounts linked to accounts rather than to the headsets. 

41 Comments
welshboy1971
Explorer

You can app share on more than one headset .. you can't app share between more than 2 accounts though.

The primary account ( the one sharing ) has to be setup on each headset as the main account and the secondary account added 

As I said though it's one primary account , the one buying the games .. and one secondary account maximum.

This is because the system has been overly abused by people so it's been reduced from what it was to one additional account 

Jedipoodoo
Honored Guest

I'm confused by all of this also. I just bought my son a quest to for Christmas bought four games for him. Now I just bought myself a quest to and want to play with him do I have to buy those games again for myself?

mdelprete13
Honored Guest

So can I still share with three accounts? Just has to be 2 on one headset and 1 on the other? If I am the admin acct I log into both and then app share with hubby and kid one one and then just kid on the other?

mdelprete13
Honored Guest

Crunchwrapmlg. You have to log into your sons acct on the second headset and then click app sharing and add your acct to his under settings. Then you can download the games you bought for him

Jedipoodoo
Honored Guest

Fantastic thank you I appreciate it

Julhigbee
Honored Guest

@mdelprete13 But one purchased game cannot be played on two headsets, correct? I was able to download one purchased game onto two headsets but was unable to play simultaneously and together because one account cannot play on one game simultaneously... it's very weird. I guess my question is: is there a way to have two headsets, purchase one game, and play multiplayer together?

Jedipoodoo
Honored Guest

Yes that is exactly what my question is one game purchase at me and my son play together

mdelprete13
Honored Guest

You have to have two accounts meaning at least 2 user names and then they have to friend each other and then they can play multi player. You have to app share with the second account on one headset.  So the admin acct has to be on both and then add a second account on one headset. 

Jedipoodoo
Honored Guest

Fantastic thank you 🙂

Duffer5
Honored Guest

I agree.  If you have more than one headset for your family and you are all under the same roof you shouldn't be forced to pay for a game multiple times.  This is a simple request Facebook and a feature that would be the catalyst for "households," to purchase multiple headsets.  If security (abuse) is a concern make the requirement that all household headsets are on the same wifi.  Problem solved and feature added.  Make this happen quickly or you are going to get a ton of returns from the holidays.