cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CircuitLord
Protege

It would be pretty awesome if we could put our monitors on the wall in our rooms pernemently, so they stayed when we teleported around. Or maybe some sort of wall of apps from our desktop that we could quick launch.

15 Comments
crash_syndicate
Explorer
Like Dave Edwards said, I'd love to see specific decorations like TV's or Projector Screens that have a surface marked for use as a window anchor. To save on performance, the resolution of the window could auto-scale if you teleport away from it, eventually being just a vague blur (while still emitting muffled positional audio). A complimentary system could be to give decorations such as chairs specified points that a teleporting user can lock onto, to orient their "front" to match the chair or whatever, and auto-adjust their height to a point relevant to the chair's surface. With features like that, I would easily use my home environment as often as I use apps like BigScreen or Oculus Video, for general media-watching.
Ztreak
Protege
Would love this
The-Burger
Protege
I agree!
TheLeastofThese
Honored Guest
Windows Mixed Reality executes this very well. Take a look at them for ideas!
Dragon029
Explorer
This has at least partially been achieved in the latest Home 2.0 release, but I would like to see it further improved; namely: 1. Displays should be able to remember applications, so if I open Spotify on one, and then either exit out of Home / the Oculus app, or Spotify, and then reopen it (Home / Spotify), Spotify should automatically reappear. This way you can have a virtual room that has your favourite programs open in your room and you don't have to manually setup each display every time you go to Home. 2. Ideally, these 'remembered' applications should also be launchable via these displays to streamline their use; if I like to have a 'jukebox' that's always going to be Spotify, and I happen to go into VR without starting Spotify, I should be able to just click on it and have it automatically run spotify.exe. 3. Right now these monitors in Home cannot be interacted with outside of Dash, and you can't see the mouse cursor in them, meaning they're very limited in utility outside of watching videos. 4. They're not scalable (ideally they should be just like permanently, globally pinned Dash windows) and the biggest available display isn't *that* big. If I can only really use them for watching videos and certain video games, then at least allow me to take advantage of virtual reality's strengths and have a virtual 120" display or even a 50' cinema display to watch off the Home 2.0 balcony (the ability to "turn off the lights" in Home would also be very handy here). I'm sure others could think of other improvements, and I'm confident the dev team is well aware of what needs improvement, but I just want to be sure.