cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BloodySmurf
Protege
DEMOS and many free apps clutter up the interface and add content I never want to see again. If I OWN THE FULL VERSION of an app I definitely DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE DEMO version. This is the simplest case, but there a numerous other reasons to allow me to completely remove an app from the library, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FORCE THE UI to always fall back to default of SHOWING ALL APPS!!!!!!! (Remembering the selected filter WORKS ON QUEST 1 but you BROKE IT IN QUEST 2, so this is a bug which also needs to be fixed but allowing users to remove unwanted apps is a close second.)
24 Comments
BillyBoy08
Expert Protege
I think I am able to remove apps when under storage, to free up the space, but I do not like that you can't set the Listing Filter to "Installed" and it defaults to "ALL", which includes the apps we have installed AND uninstalled. Better would be a better definition. Remove "ALL" and keep "Installed" and "Uninstalled" as filters. Fixing it so it can remember "Installed in the filter, and removing apps from "Storage" should work.
stoogeless
Explorer
This. I'm extremely hesitant to ever try out other apps now, knowing that I may not like them and that they then will clutter up the default Apps overview. I would think Oculus would prefer if we would try out as many apps as possible instead, generating more feedback, data and potentially money. So this is an absolute no go.
itrtie
I don't want to see apps I played for 10 minutes in All. It clutters the clean UI, and it's been done on other platforms (Steam).
sophie199946
Honored Guest

This would be really helpful as I got alot of free apps and now when I go onto my libary on my quest 2 its just filled up with uninstalled apps and no way for me to actually delete them which is very annoying bevause I dont like how untidy it is with all the games uninstalled, its good to try new games but just the face I can't delete them is making me not want to try new games out.

Jcfunk
Explorer

This keeps getting asked several times, I've seen many post asking for, I want it. My son keeps selecting the demo version of the game so it keeps getting downloaded. If I could remove the demo then I'll stop having storage issues.

NosePunch
Adventurer

I've been asking Oculus this for a while now.  I hate having so many games, especially demos that I ended up buying the full version, on my apps page.  It's ridiculous that we see them.  I agree with you about not wanting to try new games because of this!

gwensparkle
Explorer

An alternative to this would be the ability to "ARCHIVE" apps you aren't currently using.   I actually think this would be preferable for Oculus and users alike because it would avoid the issue of people accidentally deleting an app.

EDIT:  An exception might be when you have a demo version of an app and then buy the full version.  I just had this happen where I now have to contend with both the full version and the demo version in my list of games on the Oculus website and in the "all" list on my headset.  Definitely an annoyance!

zk.VRing
Honored Guest

I am surprised that this issue is still here.  Even the ability to "Hide" apps in our Library would be welcome.  With the numerous updates we get to the OS, this should be an easy one to add.  If we have demos (particularly if we have gone on to purchase the full version) or other apps we don't want to EVER see in our Library,  we should be able to remove them from our Account!

wh3873
Explorer

It's not a technical problem facebook just hates their users. The quest was built for Facebook not for the consumers. It's a shame because I love the hardware hate the user experience.

Stepyuk
Explorer

Agree, would be nice to have them on a separate page so can find again if wanted to play them again.