cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knechtelwilliam
Honored Guest

It'd be great if you could import your own pictures/art off your own PC and hang them on the wall. You could have pictures of your family, dog, or your favorite piece of art for example.

13 Comments
rightupdown
Explorer
I would like this as an option, but can immediately see some potential issues with letting everyone display whatever happens to be on their hdd. With a filter on both ends, I think it could work though. Opt-in to show what you have in the frames, and opt-in to see what others have posted in their home spaces.
pcenginefx
Protege
YES! We need this. Would love to post my own artwork on the walls.
danielpeixe
Protege
Yeah, I agree with this. And is completely up to the user if they want to share their home with their friends or not. Just like any social media, would be cool if your home is an equivalent to your facebook wall. You post things on it. your friends come visit your home , and write comments on your posts, maybe represented as post-it notes.
Grixis
Explorer
I really expected this to already be an option. I have spent a lot of time before the beta release picking out all the movie posters I have planned on putting on my walls.
jayeberg
Explorer
A virtual wall! Whoa ...
werelamb
Protege
I was hoping for this as well, and was kind of surprised there wasn't the option to add at least 1 or 2 user choice pictures. At the very least you should be able to hang up a picture of your main Oculus profile picture (the one your friends and other players know you by, and which are presumably occasionally vetted by oculus) I would also have loved a custom wall-papering option, whereby you could add uploaded images of your choice (in tile or stretch mode; like on windows desktop) to the plain sections of each of the 3 walls. Ideally with each wall being treated as a separate surface I get the argument that they might be worried about what kind stuff people might put up if there are no filters but as mostly profiles are set to friends only I don't really see this being a problem...
daveleack
Protege
The collectable polaroids are a massive tease without letting us sling our own screenshots on the wall. Mind you, an actual screenshot system would be nice too (there isn't an easy way to screenshot the game in progress using the touch controllers is there?).
Nukemarine
Rising Star
A safety option so Oculus is not hosting/sharing questionable content is give us "default posters" which we can override with images of our own. We see the new photos as they're stored locally. Visitors see the default. These can be frames of varying sizes that you unlock, larger ones being more rare. Oculus can expand on this with 3D object models. We can upload our locally stored model, which is limited in size that you win/unlock (larger sizes more rare). Again, visitors see the default model.
Marcarius
Explorer
Yeah I would like to have some art found on deviant art on my wall in my home.
Xyatsue
Explorer
is there any way that I could be able to decorate my space with my own artwork that I made in masterpiece or another art app. I could make my own furniture. or maybe even make it possible for me to add family photos to decorate my walls? we need more options for decorating. maybe even give us a functioning tv that plays Netflix and hulu, or youtube videos. an actual working tv. I am hoping you guys will expand this so we can build entire homes in virtual space.