cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege

For people new to the quest, you may or may not have noticed this incredibly annoying issue yet. Upon release of the oculus go headset, there was an issue whereby any power received by the headset while it was in a full shutdown state would automatically turn the headset back on again. This caused issues where the headset was left on charge then packed away without thought, only to find it was out of battery next time it was used. This was later fixed by an update for the oculus go, the same issue is unfortunately present on the quest However, on quest if you were to shutdown, cover lenses then put on charge, you'll find that not only is the headset turned itself on again but the screen has been on all that time unattended, headset hot and if volume is loud enough, making noise where it's in the confirm guardian state. There is no way to charge while shutdown at the moment, meaning if you were unlucky enough to have the lens cover off and charging while shutdown and not notice that it has booted itself up again by physically looking in the lenses, you'll actually find that next time you use it, it won't be 100% battery or worse still, completely drained. We need people to shout about this so they can push a fix asap, it's been done for the oculus go but needed people to shout about it, let's make it happen for the oculus quest! Pulling your headset out to demo to friends only to find its got very little battery life left (despite being on charge for hours before) isn't fun!

102 Comments
Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege
After posting to Reddit, the comments where they do not have issues seem to be EU or US. Could this possibly be a UK issue?
GraemeEvans
Honored Guest
Yeah i have the same thing. Plug t in to charge after shutting it down and it turns itself on. Every time. Why are we having the same problems as we had a year ago with the go? Did the people working on the os not work on the go? Didn't they communicate with those who did? Why are we getting another headset with half baked operating system without features the go has. And still no usb otg on the quest either.
bkostjens
Honored Guest
I'm from the EU and have the exact same problem.
Piotr40
Explorer
You can avoid that if you disable the auto start in the settings menu.
paspartout
Honored Guest
I got a german quest and am having the same issue. It is kind of annoying but it charges fine in standby. But since oculus actually recommends turning the quest off and charging it I really hope this will get fixed soon.
bjoshi
Honored Guest
I can reliably reproduce this issue with my Quest; I'm in the US. If I leave the Quest plugged in but explicitly turned off the headset will turn on with the screen on after about an hour. I'd very much like to have this fixed; let me know if you need anything (logs/config files/debugging info) and I'd be happy to help.
nsevren
Honored Guest
same here. ridiculous
addy0swarlock
Honored Guest
The issue is that IF the lense cover is ON while charging, it will turn on. Even if you have the auto-wake function turned off; putting the lense cover on while charging is what’s turning the headset back on. I doubt this is supposed to be happening. Hopefully oculus will patch this.
target7ft
Honored Guest
Got mine in Denmark. Same issue. I submitted a support ticket and was told to do a factory reset. Not sure how that would help though. I basically wanted to see if they were aware of the issue and it did not seem like they were. Hopefully this thread picks up traction.
ashroney
Honored Guest
What if you take the batteries out of the controllers?