cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
The 1.21 "Lock" functionality is a good start, but needs to be extended. Interactive items - guns, swords, books, etc.- should have an initial default position, but still be movable even in "Lock" mode. This lets you (and Home guests) shoot hoops, knock down domino trails made of books, etc., without accidentally moving furniture. Then, offer a "Clean House" button which resets the interactive objects back to the previously-set default positions with a single click. This allows you to create a weapon rack, or put all the ping-pong and golf balls in a neat spot, have your cartridges ordered how you want them, etc., without worrying that playing around in your Home will require the tedium of organizing everything back the way it was. Bonus points for making the clean-up process look like Mary Poppins: https://youtu.be/vLkp_Dx6VdI?t=1m45s TL;DR: Allow interactivity in locked rooms, and create a one-click way to put all your "stuff" back in its proper spot.
5 Comments
Dracrius
Protege
If you open you Friends tab you can view your own home and relaunch it this is how I restore everything to it's saved location.
barz_beast
Protege
If you lock/unlock your room it restores it.
Bostrolicious
Honored Guest
Adding to this idea, it would be nice if you could reset (i.e. send back to default place) an individual item with a button while holding it. This would be great for my wall of game cartridges.
Pacmunchiez
Honored Guest
From memory there is already an undo button that pretty much does this isn't there?
Crunchex
Explorer
Agree, "autoclean" makes a lot more sense than locking changes. It's currently too cumbersome when you're frequently switching between decorating and playing around.