cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trevor2497
Protege
This has probably been asked before, however I do have a few cool ideas for customization in the oculus home to make it more immersive! Feel free to chime in with any suggestions! Lighting: Something that I noticed in the home is that you can not adjust the lighting in your home. I think it would be awesome if you could change the colors of certain lights or even have Christmas lights or something. Also there should be an option to adjust the brightness of the lighting if you wanted to have more ambient lighting or even turn the lights off to watch a video on the tv. Another lighting idea would be to have real “time of day” lighting for the sky/surrounding area. I would LOVE to sit on the ledge and watch a sunset in the mountains! Locations/Buildings: I’m not sure if they are planning on adding different rooms and buildings to call your home. The little default room is nice but I think it would be cool to have a larger home that you can explore! Imagine having a garage, kitchen, bedroom, and a backyard! Having a little VR party with friends would be cool if you could hang out in the backyard and play catch, basketball, or shoot targets together. As for the locations, I can’t wait for them to bring more diverse places. Like being in a jungle next to a waterfall or off the beach in the Bahamas. I feel like the oculus home right now is awesome and I see a ton of potential. I think they nailed it in the items and placement department, and now they just need to pump out more items so you could customize more! I would love to hear what ideas/suggestions you guys have! Maybe some devs can get some ideas for the future of oculus home!
1 Comment
Delilaha
Explorer
Agree with the lighting ideas. If I place a lamp have it provide added lighting if it is on vs off. Allow me to ?dim? turn on/off the over head lights. An expanded idea to above, similar to the doorway gateways that can link to other places, add gateway portals/ arches (like in a normal house) that can be connected to other "rooms". It would be REAL cool if when I "teleport" through it takes me there rather than having to click on the "Go to" button.