cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
Vintage_Shoey
Protege

I don't know or care what "gender fluid" is, I only know that there should be distinguishable male and female body types.

MrJERogers
Explorer

@Yobiwan29 i am going to have to disagree that Oculus/Meta is pushing some "woke" nonsense on us with these avatars. if they were, they would let us easily express our chosen gender identities. i was born a male and i choose to identify as a MAN, but my avatar looks THEY decided i was a woman. and now my avatar has a "closet" full of nothing but women's clothes. how very non-woke. even the PC babies would be bawling at this crap. 

I was told the avatars were to be more CUSTOMIZABLE STARTING with a QUINTILLION COMBINATIONS of options available back in April 2021 but none of those have anything with being able to choose my own clothing? Super asleep and very Non PC (mac? 😂

GrimlikStarfjord
Honored Guest

None of these avatars come remotely close to representing how I stand and walk as a male

LinuxSuperVillain
Honored Guest

All the avatars look female. Why? How can we make it look like we want, I'm male and do not want a female avatar. I thought I was doing something wrong until I googled it and found hundreds and hundreds of the same complaints, from people of both genders. Please fix this!

ara911
Honored Guest

Please add a delete avatar option that you can rechose your avatar, and start from Zero when you have diferents avatar persons to choose at the begining of the set up

SuperBuck88
Honored Guest

I agree. The first time I entered Venues, some guy told me he was sure I was a girl and this is not something I am aiming for.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

It's a political choice. Meta is an active instigator of the woke movement...

RetroActive84
Expert Protege

I have read the comments and I agree that we need to have a male and female and a gender neutral selection option. but I know that the reason there isn't and it taking a PHD to figure out what is masculine or feminine is because meta is afraid of the cancel culture coming in and boycotting for not bending to non gender specifics, it comes down to the fact they are damned either way they go, if they tailor to our wanting a gender choice menu, they get fussed at and boy cotted, just the same as we are upset that they dont have the menu, big difference is (and this is where i compliment most of you commenting) is those of us wanting the menu option are adult enough that though we voice our opinions we arent acting spoiled and boycotting, so props to you all for adultly voicing your opinions, I agree with there needing to be an easier way to select what fits some of us, as well as I think we need more customization choices too cause I honestly like NONE of the clothing choices be it masculine or feminine! my avatar looks NOTHING like me cause well there is no hair, face or clothes options to allow it! would be cool if they had an option like readyplayer.me where we can upload a picture of us and it as close as it can creates an avatar that almost looks like us.

Vintage_Shoey
Protege

Not really sure what you are trying to say in regards to gender neutral selection or why anyone would want to cancel the ability for someone to simply select an avatar that best represents an individual but I don't think what you are saying is correct.  We aren't looking for fantasy non human body types although those would be a great addition. We are just looking for more masculine and feminine body types. Every other platform I've used like Xbox for example allows you to create female and masculine avatar to best represent one's self. This has to be a glaring oversight or bug that Oculus needs to address!

Kevo348
Honored Guest

This is ridiculous. How many people need to ask to delete the avatar before you will listen? I am clearly not alone in having made one I now want to change. Why on earth would you stop us? So far my experience of the machine is amazing however this is a massive let down. Just let us delete ASAP please.