cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigJac09
Explorer
The Quest 2 internal screen isn't wide enough to accommodate the IPD setting number 3. When using the Quest 2 using this setting the edges of the screen are visible reducing the horizontal FOV and breaking immersion. The Quest 2 FOV is not very large to start with so having it reduced further is very annoying. I really hope no future headset will have this issue. It is not a good VR experience and could turn a lot of users away from VR.
5 Comments
yengalvez1
Explorer
I see that Q2 correct by software the movement of the lenses. You can see it. And Step 2 has restricted FOV. As a user of Pimax I can change software and hardware IPD separately. Q2 must have this option. Step 2 sweet spot and distortion is good for me if I can use 68 IPD by software. They only have to give us the option to change it in the menu. More options. Like Pimax give us for their HMD. And everybody with Pimax use it.
sagebond18
Explorer
it's pretty bad.
selim_targay
Honored Guest
Yeah this is so disappointing. The quest 2 is my first VR headset and I'm really annoyed that I can see distinct edges when on IPD setting #3. It's a bad design. Either they should have reduced the IPD range or made the screen wider to accommodate the largest IPD being offered
LucianAndries
Protege
Not to mention that setting #3 is NOT enough for me! I need #3.5 or #4.......😭😭😭 Quest 2 is made for kids, with small heads.😡😡😡
boinkism
Protege
Totally agree. And they need to have a better sweet spot too imo.