cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
facebook27
Honored Guest
I just bought myself 4 oculus quest devices, figuring it will be fun for friends and family when coming over in the holidays and new years. On the package it only said it required a facebook account. Okay, I have a facebook account I thought to myself. But now Im stuck with 2 almost useless devices sinceapp sharing only works on one device at a time. And I cant make myself 3 new facebook profiles to even buy the games 4 times without breaking the rules and get banned. I assume that happens fast when 4 accounts have the same visacard... What is the trick here?! I PLEASE help! I have benwith Oculus support the whole day and even they cant help. Only sending me here to make this post. They only say: well your friends must buy their own vr headset and games for you to enjoy vr as you want to do".... I am really frustrated here. So I am not ALLOWED to take the cost myself and setup 4 headsets for us to enjoy in mulitplayer? !!- Please allow sharing on multiple devices !! -At least now in the winter, that way more people can try it and learn to love it as I do!
28 Comments
armadilo1000
Explorer

Setting up family sharing like Apple would be great. One main account but all family members can download and use the apps. I don’t want to share on a single device either. I would like a device for each family member with their own login and for them to choose from the library of apps purchased on my (Dads) account. 

Julhigbee
Honored Guest

Agreed. A family sharing feature would be nice. We purchased two headsets for our two children and they cannot play a multiplayer game together unless we purchase the game twice (once for each headset)! This is a major flaw and will hopefully be corrected.

ldelprete
Explorer

Same! My daughter got a headset for Xmas so we went and bought a second one for my son so they can play against each other but I can’t share the games on the second headset with the same account??? This is crazy. I don’t think I should have to buy the same games twice! Please make it family sharing versus linking to the headsets. 

jsizzlechambers
Explorer

@MetaQuestSupport will you please weigh in on this? It seems wildly unfair to parents who bought multiple devices for families with multiple children. We’ve wasted so many days since Xmas trying to figure this out on our devices to no avail. Please advise on how we can do this within our families. We can do it on Spotify, Apple, etc. How do we do it on Oculus?  

Julhigbee
Honored Guest

@jsizzlechambers I reached out to oculus support specifically regarding this. They were adamant that this feature is not available and the only way to advocate for it was to post here on this forum. I petitioned for a refund (as I purchased one game twice so my sons could play together) yet was struck down. I agree this needs to be remedied. Gaming hardwares have basically always come with two controllers (Xbox, PS, nintendo) and there is a reason for that. It is sad that parents must spend $50 for their kids to play one game together on a device that parents already spent $300+ on.

DarJEvs
Explorer

So does this mean that for my two children to play the same game in the same house together that we actually have to purchase the game twice?

armadilo1000
Explorer

As far as I have worked out you can have a second account under the admin account on the second headset to share the admins apps and allow both headsets to play a separate instance of the games, however I have been unable so far to get both accounts to play the same instance of the game within a party i.e. see each other in the game and share the experience.   I think you need two copies of the game to play each other online. 

Oculus support : have I missed something?  your view would be appreciated

DarJEvs
Explorer

I had set app sharing set up on my sons headset and he could share the apps from my primary account, but when I tried to do this for my daughter, it says "app sharing already enabled on another device" then when I turn off app sharing on my sons headset and enable it on my daughter's,  she can then share the apps on my primary account but my son loosed access to all the games on our primary account, therefore looks like they cannot simultaneously share games from our primary account, even if they're playing different games 

f.kozel.dad
Honored Guest

i too purchased 2 Oculus (Oculi?) and am disappointed that it seems we have to buy 2 instances of a game in order to play together.   

jsizzlechambers
Explorer

@Julhigbee that’s awful of them. But thank you for sharing. Well, @MetaQuestSupport families would really, really appreciate the option to share apps between family devices for simultaneous party play, between siblings for instance, without having to pay for apps two, three, four times!

We would never have gotten two devices if we knew we couldn’t play each other. This lack of a feature should be publicized so parents know they’re not getting this option when they buy multiple devices. I bet you’d have plenty of families who only bought one device instead of multiples this holiday season. Thanks for your attention and care. Please pass this along to appropriate facebook/meta developers!