cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendell_silva50
Explorer
I'd like to request you guys to fix the intermittent microphone quality dropping that a lot of users are facing on the Rift S. Here's a link to show you how the issue shows up: https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantAntediluvianAlfalfaPanicBasket As you can listen the quality drop occurs just for a few seconds, but it's random and intermittent getting people annoyed in social games like Pavlov VR, VRChat and RecRoom. Hope you guys can fix it somehow. I have opened a support ticket already but they couldn't help me to fix the problem. Thanks.
134 Comments
kaha66
Protege
same here :/ rx 580 ryzen 5 2600x
mohamadhamood1
Honored Guest
Oh my God it's driven me crazy. It works perfectly until it doesn't. Please at least respond
edukras
Explorer
Same here. Oculus dev, YOU MUST ANSWER THAT! Running on Ryzen 7 3700x | RTX-2070 super
SaintMaurice
Honored Guest
I am having this issue as well.
Aitor78
Honored Guest
so i just found this easy fix for this issue, so what you have to do is take out the face cover and after that you have to disconnect the cable directly from the headset, after that make your cable straight without any kind of knot, so now all you have to do is tangle the cable on purpose BUT just al little bit so you can have like a loop in your cable then JUST CONNECT THE CABLE because you need to try if it works okay if you move your headset all around and dont see this issue apearing then put the face mask on and enjoy, if that problem persist just repeat all the steps till it works i hope this can help you guys! PS: i had this problem for like 2 months and i was tired of it Let me know if that worked for u!
Liquidoh
Honored Guest
I get the robot voice like every 5 minutes. Cerberus' tip did not help me. Disconnected and reconnected cables to the pc and the headset multiple times. Also switched to multiple other USB ports. Bug persists after new windows installation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Literally happens every time I try to talk. It really kills the vibe as the main VR games I play are multiplayer.My friend has the same problem and I've met multiple people online with Rift S with it too.
ASchneiderBR
Protege
I also have this problem for months now... Not sure what is going on with Oculus for the past few months since after update v12, everything seems to be slow and malfuctiong in terms of performance and bugs like this.
nastyjman
Protege
Unfortunate that this hasn't been fixed yet. It would have been great to socialize with others during these trying times, but my mic just keeps failing every 10 minutes. Shame. 😠
Nexxess
Honored Guest
The only thing I would try is replacing the actual cable from the PC to the headset, I know I've stepped on mine a few times and it COULD be the culprit, but I really would rather not spend the money to purchase one and pay for shipping just to troubleshoot if it is. Shame on you Oculus, I will never buy another Oculus product ever, including anything off of your store.