cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
one3rdnerd
Protege
Set new dev guidelines that force all developers to incorporate accessibility features for people who are deaf. Subtitles, some other UX prompts, I'm no expert and not deaf but I have built websites for the blind and consider accessibility fundamental to the user experience. This idea was inspired by this Reddit users post https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/e997wb/quite_a_lot_of_the_quest_apps_are_completely/
36 Comments
brainbeat
Honored Guest
Boom let's do this. Make a holographic avatar that does sign language too
Mage_Enderman
Honored Guest
They should also add something like YouTube's automatic captions to work universally so if a game/app doesn't have captions it can have some obviously it's better for devs to add subtitles but it'd also be good for apps like VRChat, Rec Room, Half and/+ Half, etc
Zane797
Honored Guest
Like many people commenting, I am not deaf. But I also took for granted that this feature existed. It seems like a basic necessity. For accessibility reasons sure but frankly I prefer to have subtitles on in all of my games. Seems like the tech to implement exists as an automated feature probably exists even if Dev's drag their feet on updates.
darthvaderjr33
Honored Guest
I'm here from Reddit go u/Lockesrabb
adamrara
Honored Guest
This is extremely important and something I've noticed as well. I was actually just thinking about this the other day. Hope this gets settled!
mrnoske
Honored Guest
Please do
hakeyam231
Protege
Definitely agree with this. Companies should take accessibility more seriously. I think it should be mandated by law to make digital content as accessible as possible. Oculus enforcing this means Steam will also have accessible games because the devs will have done the hard work like subtitling, visual cues etc, so they'll implement it on other platforms
chronictia
Honored Guest
My sister is deaf and she sees no attraction to VR when she can't see what is being said. Please push out this technology SOON, it would be a win in the humans being bros subreddit.
worldsworstchef
Honored Guest
Another non deaf user here who would love to see this implemented. I use subtitles in games often as I find it easier to follow what's being said, so the lack of support for this is baffling. Please implement this and allow other users decent accesibility.
Classic_Wax
Honored Guest
I am not deaf, but I do wear hearing aids, and I am tone deaf, meaning I have a hard time hearing different pitches in sound, and often can't follow what a particular narrator is speaking about, please implement this into the development of Oculust products.