cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain_Tom
Honored Guest
It would be nice if I could make the guardian barrier bigger while playing seated games. If I’m sitting in the middle of a room in a rotating chair I’m capable of fully extending my arms without hitting anything, but the guardian system is often activated. If I set the guardian to roomscale, then sitting doesn’t work well for some games as they now require me to stand and move around more.
28 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is absolutely #1 on my list. Right now the sitting guardian is both too small and requires leaning forward to be of any use at all in ANY app i want to use it in.
andykbrennan
Honored Guest
Can't you just tell the Quest it's a normal guardian and draw your own smaller guardian space around where you're sitting?
iamcruz
Honored Guest
Yes please!!!! Let us be able to drag the circle bigger please.
m4kode
Explorer
I wonder why there is a guardian wall in "seated" mode. It makes no sense. It would only make sense if you would start to move around. Which you exlicitly stated you won't do by selecting "seated" in the first place.
sighrocks
Honored Guest
There should be no border at all when seated. It's absurd.
batch2k1
Honored Guest
Definitely! Came here to say this. I can't extend my arms without triggering the guardian when sitting. Not cool.
scr00chy
Honored Guest
I use a workaround for this. After you activate developer mode, you get an option to disable the guardian system entirely. That makes all the safety walls disappear (use at your own risk).
agge95
Honored Guest
I use my headset as a monitor for my desktop. The controllers sit aside next to my keyboard, but they always trigger the guardian when I move my head just a little bit to the left. At the same time I still want to walk up outside my boundary and see through the cameras. If I could see through the cameras on demand, I would definitely just turn off the Guardian system in dev mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can. clear an area around your chair. may have to move stuff one time for guardian set up. while sitting in chair go to create guardian. make a line as big as you want on the floor. register it. it memorizes the area. put stuff back in place. play