cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImZalgo
Explorer

I have a rift and my friend just got the oculus 2.

We tried to play a few games together which are visible on both stores under the same name, onward being an example.

However the games tell us we don't own the same game or the friends lists don't show anyone else.

This seems to be the developers problem, according to oculus's support team, as they havnt added it, but I notice this also lets the developers abuse the system by charging twice, if you own both headsets. I.e to play on the quest 2 without a link cable and to play on the rift in the same game, you will have to buy it twice.

My suggestion has multiple parts:

1. Oculus updates it's developers policy to include, if they wish to support multiple headsets (rift and quest series) they must allow their game to be free on the 2nd platform if purchased on the 1st.

2. Oculus updates it's developers policy to include, if they wish to support multiple headsets (rift and quest series) and include multiplayer support then the oculus crossplay system must be supported.

3. Oculus allows joining of games within the social party list,  for anyone that has joined a party. So we can easily join sessions for all games.

4. Oculus changes their store, merging all games into one store instead of segmenting it by headset, they already have the supported headset list for each game so this current setup makes no sense.

1 Comment
ImZalgo
Explorer

Oculus was just made aware of this as they was following up on my previous ticket.

Awaiting official response 🙂