cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike10
Honored Guest

It would be nice to be able to toggle Passthrough on-demand like you can with the Rift S to be able to quickly see the world around you without having to pull the headset off of your face.

64 Comments
WilStevens
Explorer
Please add this soon, I think it would be a great way to give someone a try in VR for the first time. Activate passthrough, let them see the controllers then press a button and bam they are in VR!
tunabumblebee
Honored Guest
This feature would be so helpful. And for many safety reasons its a great idea. Please add!!
Plazma_Redwolf
Honored Guest
plees add me want more roux in rblx vr plees me want to see myt compuer to plae roblox and get mor roux. On a serious note im suprised why this feature isn't in right now, please add it.
Pizzalicious
Explorer
Yes, this is needed. Also a way to watch movie apps and non movement based apps without having lights on.
fahd_al_riyami
Honored Guest
I was surprised that this feature wasn't there from the start. It's such an obvious one especially for a device that allows for more mobility than a tethered HMD.
michael_j_carne
Honored Guest
Oculus, please add this feature. We would like an on Demand passthrough button like the Rift S. Thank you John Carmack and team!
captnatom
Honored Guest
100% agreed. I was thinking pressing all four A+B+X+Y at the same time would activate "emergency passthrough"
jared_pinargote
Explorer
There are so many possibilities that could be realized if this was allowed in app. Being able to measure furniture and stuff INSIDE the Quest would make this product killer in the non-gaming market as well! I already have a project set up for when this feature gets implemented.
AndreInfante
Explorer
I'd also really like API hooks for accessing the stereo images from the passthrough cameras inside applications.
purplex
Honored Guest
Let me triple click the triple line button, and one press to go back. No pop up hud talking about the guardian or anything.