cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
29 Comments
jtslade
Protege
Lay down mode for viewing media that disables (temp) guardian and sets my menu options higher.
JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
Not just 90 degrees, but any arbitrary direction should be able to be forward, and from that (optionally) extrapolate a new "down" and "up".
deecoetzee
Explorer
I personally think this would be really disorienting. It's annoying that some apps can't be used in bed but when the horizon isn't horizontal it tends to lead to discomfort.
filmcutter
Explorer
This would be amazing for people with mobility issues. Imagine having a quest while you're in a hospital bed!!
matt_berman
Explorer
This could be really incredible to those who have been bedridden due to illness for years. Essentially giving someone the ability to walk and travel again could be indescribably freeing.
ggr7
Honored Guest
I want this but just for watching Netflix. It wouldn’t / shouldn’t work for normal games I think
mrgreen72
Superstar
Tried that when developing and it's EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
col_izzi
Explorer
'Personally I am tired of all the "it will cause disorientation/discomfort" objections because they are only valid if you somehow _force_ people to use such a feature. Who is proposing that? No-one, hence the word "Option". And if you think that such an option will be unsuitable for everyone, and that those who are asking for it just don't know that because they haven't personally experienced it, you're wrong, because such experiences already exist (media players that allow vertical orientation adjustments even for 180/360° content, Virtual Desktop with it's "allow custom orientation in all environments" option, for example). These features were added because people asked for them, and they remain because people use them. I am not aware of a single case where a developer had to remove such a feature because users started complaining about its existence. Some people might experience issues when encountering such features, which they can then just avoid in the future. This is no different from trying apps that have an "Intense" comfort rating. Put the option in a Settings screen. Throw up a comfort warning when enabling it if you like. People have been asking for this for years, especially in mobile/standalone headsets. @Oculus: enable this in Oculus Gallery for 180/360° content at least. Every other major media player has had the feature for a long time now, and the sky hasn't fallen in.
xAstroBoy
Explorer
I Agree, i wonder why there's no such features! there's apps that do work by rotating the world ! This should be implemented ASAP.
hakeyam231
Protege
People who have never tried this think this is a good idea. It is extremely scarily disorienting as some one who has tried it.