cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geowrathien
Level 3
Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as horizontal rows of lines. For me it is obvious on the rift S but moving to the quest 2 sometimes I can see the horizontal lines, this issue does break immersion sometimes, but it is less noticeable on the quest 2 but I can still see it. This issue is obvious when moving my head or pressing the jump button ingame. Now valve who created the valve index created a software for the index to fix its own scanline/ pixel inversion issue. Would it be possible at oculus for you to create a setting option to help fix this scanline/ pixel inversion issue that only a small number of people such as myself are sensitive too. I have tried other headsets such as the PSVR which has a oled display and the HP reverb G2 both headsets does not have this scanline/ pixel inversion issue. I hope you can take this issue seriously because its only present in oculus products and I fear that this issue could be present in future oculus products and that's the deciding factor when purchasing my next VR headset in the future. Thank you for your time for reading this and I hope you can take this issue seriously, please let me know if there is or isn't a solution to this problem, kind regards Geo.
4 Comments
Anon400
Level 6
That sounds like is not enough Hz for you; try 120 Hz when is ready, usual frequency of PSVR is 60 reprojected FPS on 120 Hz screen.
markybox
Level 3
I see them very faintly - but they generally don't bother me. However, there is a terminological correction I need to make, because I work with LCDs as part of my profession. Just to be clear, "pixel inversion" should be called "inversion artifacts". Voltage inversion is an invisible algorithm built into all LCDs (positive/negative polarity). This can't be disabled because it protects the LCD from burning in. "inversion" (the algorithm) shouldn't be confused with "inversion artifacts" (the side effects of the voltage inversion algorithm) P.S. Sometimes I can still see inversion artifacts on a 240Hz TN monitor, so the refresh rate isn't always the solution to fix inversion artifacts.
xerion1
Level 2
I see them too. 120Hz hasn't changed it.
VRSEB72
Level 5

Is it the issue you mention ?

That's the one I encounter since I own a 128 GB Quest 2, my previous 64 GB one wasn't affected.