cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MainDane
Explorer

I have a phone and tablet that I can plug into my laptop. With DEX I can use the laptop screen, keyboard, and mouse as if they were the phone or tablets hardware. This is a feature that I haven't been able to find on the quest 2. If I could use the Quest 2, and controllers as the display and controllers for my phone and tablet as DEX display and controls, I would buy it immediately. I've see hacky ways of using it, but I don't want the hassles of the hacky ways.

2 Comments
WilsonInVR
Protege

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've got this working using extra devices (HDMI type-c capture device connecting directly to phone and USB camera capture software running on Quest. HOWEVER, this is not ideal.  What we need a minimalist is an Android App the can truly act as a Miracast Server and side load that on the Quest. So running Samsung Dex  on phone will see MiraCast network and it shows up in the list. I have tried to sideload MANY software on Quest and can not get it to show up in Dex wireless options. Ideally a Oculus Quest developer would create VR software that "fakes" itself as a MiraCast device and Samsung Dex would see it as an external wireless display device. 

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hey @WilsonInVR! You truly amaze me with your idea! As I can't offer assistance, I'm confident that some of our many wonderful community members will reach out to you with encouragement and support!

All the best!