cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamingsciencete
Explorer
I know this is a forum for user feedback, but I'd like to speak on behalf of the studios, solo devs, hobbyists, and fellow gamers dabbling in development who are publishing wonderful content on App Lab I would not otherwise have access to without sideloading. Considering they receive NO exposure or promotion on the Oculus Store, I believe it is only fair that the revenue sharing on App Lab content be reduced from 30% to 15%. This makes it more viable for a small studio starting out to be successful, cover their costs, and go on to make bigger and better titles... ultimately benefiting all of us users. If that's the kind of content ecosystem you want for VR, please vote on this idea.
25 Comments
Genericat
Expert Protege
Totally agree. It's unfair to the max.
dandostorm
Honored Guest
Completely agree.
boinkism
Protege
It should be 15% for normal developers, which I'm hoping to become the standard across all these kinds of digital stores in the not too distant future, and even less for App Lab developers.
cauliflower346
Honored Guest
Very unfair to take 30%
jbg0801
Explorer
while I have my personal problems with the 30% cut in the first place for any store, if Oculus refuses to actively promote games on App Lab in any way or form, they should be receiving a massively reduced cut of any sales, since they have done very little to benefit the developer other than allow them to upload a file. the developer has to do all the promotion and spreading of the word, since App Lab games won't appear in the Oculus store, and therefore Oculus has done less and deserves less of a cut.