cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for new games for oculus rift.

CyberARC
Honored Guest

Hi All,

I had purchased a oculus rift way back in 2016. It did not come with oculus touch as it was not launched at that time and i used gamepad only for games.

in Jan 2022 i purchased a oculus touch , but it did not come with oculus sensor. So now i have only one oculus sensor.  can i play all the games with this setup. 1 Oculus rift , 1 oculus sensor and 1 pair of oculus touch.

Is the second sensor mandatory for playing oculus rift games.

4 REPLIES 4

iMight404
Retired Support

One sensor should work fine. Though, while not necessary, a second would significantly improve the quality of the hand tracking. Because of this, you'll be limited on the games you can play.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

CyberARC
Honored Guest

Bypass.jpg

CyberARC
Honored Guest

How can i bypass the above screen. I have only 1 sensor and how to make oculus detect it. 

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

The Rift can work with Touch controllers on one sensor, but there's a bit of a caveat to it. You need to have the minimum of 2 sensors to setup the Touch controllers, then forget the other sensor. That's a very counterintuitive scenario, which is why the Rift bundle was changed to include 2 sensors and a pair of Touch controllers instead of the 1 sensor and an Xbox controller.

Unfortunately, unless you get a second sensor, you can't setup the Touch controllers, which means you're limited to using a gamepad. A possibility would be to borrow a friend's sensor to setup the Touch controllers, but even if you did, the tracking would become atrocious at best because your body would constantly block the Touch controllers for tracking. So, your best bet would be to pick up another sensor when you can.

Hope this helps!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably