cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slartibard
Explorer
I am a 360 and 180 video and photo enthusiast. I recently purchased an Insta360 Evo camera and was very disappointed to find that the Insta360 App is not available on the Oculus Quest, but it is available on the Oculus Go. The Insta360 App allows photos and videos to be viewed and uploaded wirelessly between camera and the Oculus Go headset. See the following in depth YouTube video to see this... https://youtu.be/nBGHA1zZ5ks This App gives immediately feedback on what you have photographed. I wrote to Insta360 and they told me that Oculus declined to give permission for the App to be in the Quest App Store. They hinted that this is on the grounds that the Go is more for media consumption and the Quest is about gaming. I was a Go owner but I upgraded to the Quest and as a result of this I am now disappointed. So Oculus please reconsider your policy for photography and video on the Quest. Oculus’ App curation policies are appraised here... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/skarredghost.com/2019/06/10/oculus-reject-quest-reason/amp/
111 Comments
skeeva1
Honored Guest
Please let us have the Insta360 app on the Quest! I want to watch my VR 360 and 180 3D videos wirelessly on my Quest. And so does everyone
skeeva1
Honored Guest
Agreed. I think Oculus should be the one to refund us for the Insta360 Evo camera
James_Atlloud
Honored Guest
Also a EVO owner - please, approve this app! I've made 360 images since the days of Quicktime VR and the Quest is THE BEST way to view these. (^_^) In the day, the stereograph was a huge seller - this is just one more opportunity for Oculus: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/sterographs-original-virtual-reality-180964771/
karlnowakowski
Honored Guest
I would also like to see this app on the quest. I would make the quest rather useful
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Quest and 360 cameras are soulmates. Oculus should support the Apps of all credible 360 manufacturers because the owners urgently need a quality platform to view their files. The Insta360 one x is currently the best consumer 360 on the market, the Quest the 6DoF of choice and any company with any level of business acumen would realise the benefits of supporting these vendors (same applies to Ricoh, Samsung and GoPro).
rmesser
Explorer
It’s incredibly annoying that the ecosystem that was built around Oculus GO has to be recreated for QUEST. I never expected that to happen and regret buying in to soon. I already purchased a couple apps like Wander twice since I had promise to show a friend but I really resent that. This would never have happened in the Apple world. Imagine having to buy all Apps all over again When you upgrade to the Plus phone. Insta 360 was such a key solution on the GO that It never Occurred to me to check if it was available on QUEST.
StoneoftheWise
Honored Guest
I agree. The combination of the Quest and EVO was something I was greatly looking forward to. I believe VR and 360 content is about growing a community and a user base at this point. Cross device compatibility and user friendliness are keys to that end. Please approve the Insta260 app for the Quest.
awchiu
Honored Guest
Me and many friends bought the Quest for the purpose of re-watching our Insta360 videos, as well as gaming. I had the Go before and though the same app would be in the Quest for sure. Please add the app back please!!! My friends who do not have the Go are VERY disappointed!
andreas_hansen
Honored Guest
I completely agree. It's mindblowing stupid to have a device for 3D that will not accept the best app for viewing your own 3D content. Please fix this asap.
kosu1
Honored Guest
I am fully in your opinion.