cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TreverSpade
Explorer
Remove the ban for Virtual Desktops steam VR WiFi support ! This feature is the best feature since the launch of the Quest and WE WANT IT !
863 Comments
CarlosTSG
Honored Guest
This is not what you want just right now with E3 kicking off. No major developers are interested in VR and you have just punished one developer who loves VR and Oculus. Shame on YOU! Bring it back.
surrealnirvana
Honored Guest
You're basically telling us not to use your store and just sideload everything. You're not getting another dime from me. Ahoy matey!
iceton30001
Honored Guest
Put simply, at the moment there is not enough content on the Oculus Quest app/game store to justify not given us the opportunity to play steam VR.I personally have now exhausted what Oculus store has to offer (in terms of the apps and games i want to play) & i am now starting to lose interest in my headset. I feel by the time we get to see some of the more ported mainstream games hit the Quest store my £400 headset & hardware will be out of date & i will have to buy the Quest 2, Also the games i would have wanted to play right now will have passed their shelf life & i would have missed the opportunity to enjoy them. Finally, a lot game developers have been originally financed & wouldnt have lasted if it was not Steam VR sales, So you need to remember most of the games available on the Oculus store are where they are today because Steam VR, so if we buy a game on stream VR via to play the via Virtual desktop app this still massively benefits the whole VR community.
dancerdudes
Honored Guest
Way to push the boat guys on supporting SteamVR with Virtual Desktop! I love the idea. Shame on you Oculus for oppression in a small market! Way to go.......... way to go.....
nick_a_passaro
Honored Guest
I've already submitted an antitrust complaint to the FTC
WTFGamer
Protege
Don't do this guys. Play it smart. Don't stifle.
andygilmour
Explorer
Nice u-turn, Carmack should go into politics. “We did not add any dedicated hardware to act as a PC display (it was debated a lot),” Carmack replied when asked about possible PC VR streaming to Quest on Twitter, “but we have a research project going to see what we can do with maxing out WiFi streaming. No promises…”
iceton30001
Honored Guest
Put simply, at the moment there is not enough content on the Oculus Quest app/game store to justify not given us the opportunity to play steam VR. I personally have now exhausted what Oculus store has to offer (in terms of the apps and games i want to play) & i am now starting to lose interest in my headset. I feel by the time we get to see some of the more ported mainstream games hit the Quest store my £400 headset & hardware will be out of date & i will have to buy the Quest 2, Also the games i would have wanted to play right now will have passed their shelf life & i would have missed the opportunity to enjoy them. Finally, a lot game developers have been originally financed & wouldnt have lasted if it was not Steam VR sales, So you need to remember most of the games available on the Oculus store are where they are today because Steam VR, so if we buy a game on stream VR via to play the via Virtual desktop app this still massively benefits the whole VR community.
darylehenry
Explorer
I'm not one to complain about exclusives. I come from consoles and I like them just fine. But this is just stupid. If it's on there and it's working then being able to play Steam VR games is a huge selling point for the system. Fire whoever made this decision. It's a million times worse than Palmer paying for a billboard.
cosmonaut102
Honored Guest
Remove the ban for Virtual Desktops steam VR WiFi support ! This feature is the best feature since the launch of the Quest and WE WANT IT ! It is the whole reason I bought the app. If you can not allow this I would like my money refunded.