cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tr4pZ_YT
Level 3

We seriously need the Xbox app to come to the standalone Oculus store. 

Internet now can handle Console streaming and with the quest being a mini portable PC basically it just makes sense to bring the app the the Standalone headset.

Gaming should be accessable anywhere and with a Xbox app it would really help fill a gap between these platforms.

It would be awesome to if you were able to see what friends have there Xbox account linked also so you can invite them to a party and just sit and play Xbox together in VR. It would be amazing as my brother lives across the country. 

3 Comments
iMight404
Oculus Support
Oculus Support

There's always the option of using Microsoft's Xcloud streaming through something like the Firefox app if you want to go that route. Although, I'm not sure how much of a viable option that is, especially when performance seems to vary person to person.

Tr4pZ_YT
Level 3

I heard somewhere that you can sideload apps or something. Also heard you get banned for doing it tho. 

Just curious why I'd be unable to do that with the Xbox app? Is it because of license issues? Wouldn't all that be voided if it wasn't meant for distribution? Just self enjoyment to play Xbox? 

iMight404
Oculus Support
Oculus Support

Sideloading content isn't supported, as it's content not approved by the content reviewing system. I know they have an Xbox streaming app on the Rift S store, so maybe you could use oculus link along with that app, though no guarantees it would work. Officially, as of now, there isn't an app suited for that, except maybe virtual desktop but that's about it.