cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jigsaw 360 - feedback request (testing now completed - thanks)

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
I would be grateful for feedback on Jigsaw 360. I have been working on it since July 2018 and am ready to receive Early Market Signal from fellow VR developers. It is in a Beta state and is awaiting a few final images to be created.

It's a simple idea, but hopefully well executed. It was originally planned for the casual gamer market on Oculus Quest, to highlight high resolution graphics and precise use of tracked 6dof controllers. I would like to release it on the Rift towards the end of November.

Platform: Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift.
Known issues & still to do:
I still have a couple more images to add. It will release with at least 10 images, but you can also add your own.
Currently has bird background sounds but you will be able to choose other relaxing background sounds, probably rain or waves.

https://youtu.be/If-7fLhUiQk

Target Price: $1.99 - please give feedback on price too.

Short Description:
Relax while completing beautifully detailed spherical jigsaws. The new way to experience a traditional puzzle. Suitable for all ages with between 8 and 128 pieces. Choose from 10 scenes including modified versions of renowned Epic demos. Add custom scenes - thousands freely available online.

Full Description
As above + ...

Visit www.jumblivr.com/photos for a link to custom photos.

Only possible in VR. Find yourself stood inside the jigsaw. Use your tracked controllers to precisely place your pieces as you build the spherical puzzle. Rotate the jigsaw and scene to see it from different angles or simply walk around the jigsaw.

Traditional flat jigsaws are also included.

Store Art: Hero Image
7ppwwu3ebyds.png

Store Art: Landscape
pp3nl0befyzp.png

Store Art: Screenshots samples
zwqi9dq4wzdh.png
0dd2bkddrfoz.png
epsmpodvmeqn.png
veywd78gheqs.png

Thank you for helping. I look forward to your feedback.
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com
12 REPLIES 12

AVOlight
Protege
Hi @jumbli 🙂 
Great idea!
just claimed this key: HN9CT-QGMCT-TFKWX-QAAXR-HQMQT
looking forward to trying 
Jigsaw 360

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for helping @AVOlight
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

AVOlight
Protege
@jumbli Enjoyable experience Thank you
the relaxing music, especially paired with the nature themed jigsaws i liked the most
the snapping settings, and easing animation of pieces into place is nice polish
the sound when completing a jigsaw was quite a bit piercing for me personally
like the particle effects
the tutorial was very helpful and i didn't feel like i had any issues understanding things
think the target price is a great price
personally enjoyed the spherical jigsaw experience much more than the flat option
would really like a save feature, or being able to return to your last session

Usability: A
Originality: A
Length of experience: B
Name, assets, and description: A

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
Thank you for the prompt feedback, @AVOlight much appreciated.

The go-live version will autosave as you go along and offer a resume option when you log back in.
I'll tone down the completion sound 🙂

Thanks again. It's great to get feedback from a fellow developer.

AVOlight
Protege
@jumbli 🙂 Thanks! yea it's awesome they've started this program to connect us developers

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
@AVOlight, would you mind leaving a review on the store page. I originally asked for it to be approved keys-only, but now they won't reassess it and move it to the real store. I need reviews to prove it's fit for purpose. It was supposed to go live today 😞 Thanks.

p.s. you won't see the price on your page as you already own it. It's $1.99.

AVOlight
Protege
@jumbli will do 🙂
could you do the same for my app? it will help me out a lot

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
Thanks, I'm downloading yours now 🙂

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
@AVOlight, I've just left a review for you. 

I've rated 4 stars and left positive feedback to help others that try it. If you keep working on the UI I am happy to keep giving you more feedback and update my review accordingly. It's a shame the forums aren't more active because we all need feedback.

I'm going live today on Steam so don't have much time, but here's some feedback to start:

Instructions
You provide instructions on how to use your game in the Store page. People won't read this fully and may not remember it or refer back to it, so in the app assume they haven't read the store page and tell them again.
Functionality
It does loads and it does it well - well done 🙂
UI
Ease of use is where you need to really shine to stand out in this type of app.
At the moment I felt overwhelmed with all the options and it felt a little cryptic. As I clicked around it all fell into place but it took time and effort.
Browsing and loading files is not a problem - keep that pretty much the same. You need to find better more intuitive and easily accessible ways to activate other options. I've got a stressful and busy day today, but I'll come back and provide more specific ideas and feedback another time.
Trailer
The trailer doesn't do it justice. You need to show all the modes and functionality in a short snappy sequence. Do some work on the UI and then rework the trailer to show off how easy it all is.

I'm glad we had this opportunity to connect and I do rate your app and would like to see you progress with it.