cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week 11: I have a game build!

AmyAngryNirdsAl
Protege
I did it!  I learned enough in Unity on my own (using Fungus) to make a click-through playable demo of my game flow showing decision making.  I've turned my post-its into an interactive game.  OMG!!!  And, I liked it!  Like Katy Perry when she kissed that girl once!  😄

It started with a list like this:

• 911 (call from another point) land lines are best, cell phones if be prepared, be aware of your location

• Get out

• Smoke Detector knowledge

• Pre plan plan, check out your place.

• Ladder ropes

• Meeting place

• Don’t chase the cat or dog in a room

• Smoke inhalation is the most dangerous, so get low and stay

• Don’t just run out, find the cleanest exit

• Temp (image thermal imagine for fires)

• If you see someone lying on the ground, report to someone outside

• Touch door with back of your hand, and start low

• “Door Control” United laboratories came up with it, less oxygen, more success

• If you can’t get out the front door, keep finding safe zone, feel around with your

• If you stand up, you die

• Don’t hide in a closet, or under a bed.

• If you can’t get out, turn on lights and open drapes so they know you location

• If you have an object make lots of noise

• Firefighters, they should go to them CRAWL to them

• Darth vader voice, and flashlights

• breaking glass, sirens in the distance, cracking, voices outside, engines are super loud and the pumping is super loud, radio traffic

• It does NOT take a lot of smoke to become disoriented, so people act like they’re drunk

• Carbon Monoxide cannot be sensed, heater leaking

• Doors can generally hold for an hour

• Cover your mouth, put the towels under the door

• acknowledgment stickers of how many people in the house

• Wake up in the middle of the night

• Don’t believe the movies

• Fire Extinguishers.  

• Your oxygen and the fire’s oxygen is the same, so some take up the oxygen (displacing oxygen)

bpln331uecfx.jpgy5barqdr3qex.jpg

However, this is now just a sucky serious game like all of the others.  It now needs the "chocolate to cover the broccoli".

Looking at the submission form, I'm still wondering what the "pitch" section is.  

Next big challenge is pulling together the scope of work and doing a budget.  I have art-style ideas, but I feel like that might not be enough for accurate budgets this early in the process, but it's required, so I must do it!

While I loved HackNPlan, I felt that I need to use every waking/available moment into this submission, so I'll come back to it later.

Thinking of building a private website to host all of my assets, and serve as a "pitch" site should I not be selected for this opportunity.  Regardless, I'm damn proud of myself for getting this far!  

Back to work!!!

2 REPLIES 2

rkoman
Protege
Congrats!

SBarrick
Expert Protege
Congrats @AmyAngryNirdsAllison, it feels good to finally have something you can "play"! 🙂 I feel the same way about the budget portion of the pitch - I did some research on Google and made some "educated guesses" on what I thought I might need resource and time-wise to complete the first level and push to the public. 🙂