cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Avatars SDK - 2/24 Build

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
We've just updated the Mobile Avatars SDK beta (attached)

Please note that this is not yet ready for redistribution and is covered under our existing NDA’s
---
Included in this release:
  • Lower tri-count Avatars optimized for mobile (20-30% tri count vs. Rift)
  • Mobile optimized ATSC materials
  • *IMPORTANT* - the .SO file we've included is for development only, and will be removed from future releases, and should not be distributed with your applications. In the shipping version of the avatar SDK, this will be distributed with the oculus platform so that we can patch in enhancements and new content without requiring you to patch your applications. For now, we’re distributing these directly to you so that you can be working with the latest code. 

Release notes:

Unity integration update instructions (only if upgrading from the builds from last week, if starting from scratch these are not necessary):
  1. You can now delete the OvrAvatarAssets.zip from the SD card (/sdcard/Oculus/OvrAvatarAssets.zip)
  2. If you haven't made any custom changes to the SDK scripts, just import/replace everything from the new package
  3. If you have made changes, the only new file you'll need to merge/solve-conflicts is OvrAvatarSDKCAPI.cs
  4. You can delete the old libavatarsdk.so file from Plugins/Android/libs/armeabi-v7/libavatarsdk.so, the new file is named "libovravatar.so"
For integration instructions please refer to our existing Unity and Native sample documentation, here: https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/avatarsdk/latest/

Coming soon:
  • Additional material optimizations to reduce drawcalls
  • Updated Unity Integration to migrate .SO and Avatar assets to the Oculus App
Milestones
As we've previously mentioned, there's an opportunity for your app / experience to be included in upcoming marketing campaigns, such as feature coverage at our live events and promoted placement in the Oculus ecosystem.

The timelines for inclusion as a launch title are:
  • Confirm planned integration by 2/28
  • Submit a release candidata for initial store review by 3/10
  • Submit a final build to Oculus Store by 3/24
We look forward to hearing how you're getting on with Oculus Avatars for Mobile and will keep you updated here with updates to our releases.

Best

Mike Howard
Product Manager, Oculus Avatars
5 REPLIES 5

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
My apologies - I posted this last night and it looks like the upload of the actual attachment failed. I've just updated this post to add it back in, you should have a 36mb zip file if you're working on the latest.

GEMISIS
Adventurer
I'm definitely interested in being part of the promotion, but I was curious what specifically you guys are looking for with integrating.  Is there a minimum requirements for integration? (e.g. A fully-filled multiplayer mode) If so, what specific requirements should we keep in mind for?

For clarification, I'm planning to have a basic multiplayer mode since this is a much sooner deadline than I originally had planned for releasing, but plan to add a more fleshed out multiplayer mode come April as an update if the timelines continue to match up, so I want to make sure my current plans will meet any requirements that are needed.

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
@GEMISIS  - I'll follow up offline as well as regarding your question about getting Gear remote support. 

High level, the game should be functional, performant and enjoyable, using Avatars, for the milestone date. If there's additional functionality you'd like to bake in at a later date I don't think that's a blocker to being included in the launch promotion.

twong_hulu
Explorer
I'm trying to download this but I just get a 502 bad gateway error message...

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
hey @twong_hulu - I'm unable to repro that error. I'll send you a dropbox link offline.

Anyone else has this issue, please let me know