cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get live cam into Oculus?

ProntoJr
Level 4
I mean is there a way for girls from webcam sex sites like http://GrlCam.com NSFW or http://ChaturbateFreeCams.com NSFW to broadcast in VR?

I'm a part of that industry and it really makes me curious as business development.
Thx

Update. There's this VR live cam AliceX, but it's not Rift compatible yet. Looks like streaming live in VR is quite possible
32 REPLIES 32

jngdwe
Level 3
It may be possible, but would you really want $10000-20000 hardware in the care and operation of a cam-girl? Then there is the fact that even the best VR recording setups look terrible, despite what some... ehem... less than picky... people might think of it. Seriously, VR video looks terrible, always has, and until we figure out a brand new way to record, it always will.

ProntoJr
Level 4
Is it possible to stream it?
btw i guess stream should fit device which is going to be used for watching

Malkmus1979
Level 3
If he/she doesn't do it, someone will.

ProntoJr
Level 4
What are current infrastructure requirements to make in happen?

ProntoJr
Level 4
"jngdwe" wrote:
It may be possible, but would you really want $10000-20000 hardware in the care and operation of a cam-girl? Then there is the fact that even the best VR recording setups look terrible, despite what some... ehem... less than picky... people might think of it. Seriously, VR video looks terrible, always has, and until we figure out a brand new way to record, it always will.

price is not a question. Some girls get $10k in a single tip from her fan https://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsDoCam/com ... _stranger/

VizionVR
Level 8
3D, 360 live-streaming video hasn't been accomplished yet. It's a complicated, data intensive process that may not happen for a few years. Because of the enormous potential, there are a number of developers working to make it happen as soon as possible.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Malkmus1979
Level 3
There used to be a 360/3D livestream app on Gear VR that was streaming out of an office space in Sweden I believe. Not sure what they were doing to accomplish it but it wasn't terrible quality- poor but watchable. It was interesting to check in at various times of day and see the light change as the sun started to set. It even ran after the office was completely closed and it was dark, but you could see the city out the windows.

VizionVR
Level 8
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
There used to be a 360/3D livestream app on Gear VR that was streaming out of an office space in Sweden I believe. Not sure what they were doing to accomplish it but it wasn't terrible quality- poor but watchable. It was interesting to check in at various times of day and see the light change as the sun started to set. It even ran after the office was completely closed and it was dark, but you could see the city out the windows.

It was 3D stereo? It wasn't just a 360 sphere?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Malkmus1979
Level 3
"vizionvr" wrote:
"Malkmus1979" wrote:

It was 3D stereo? It wasn't just a 360 sphere?

I remember thinking at the time that it was 3D, but I could be wrong. The app disappeared months ago and a quick Google search didn't turn up any reference to it. Let's just go ahead and say that I was wrong about the 3D part until I can find further evidence that it was.