cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ask] Launching app using intent

rudy_labster
Honored Guest
Hi guys,

I am trying to launch Gear VR app using intent / deep linking. See here: https://developer.android.com/training/app-indexing/deep-linking.html

So basically I want the app to be launched from mobile browser when user taps on a custom URI (e.g: example://gizmos). I am using Unity 5.4.2. I can successfully launch the app when I build as non-VR app, but when I build as VR app, it always crashes. The message "To open this application, insert your device into Gear VR" appears, but as soon as I wear the VR headset, the app crashes with message "[App name] has closed unexpectedly".

So my question is, is it possible to launch Gear VR app using intent? If yes, then there must be something wrong with my androidmanifest.xml.
4 REPLIES 4

rudy_labster
Honored Guest
Update:
Nevermind. It works now. There was wrong value in my androidmanifest.xml.

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Hi,

Glad to hear you resolved your issue. Do you mind specifying which value was wrong in your manifest, that way others who have the same problem will know what to fix.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

Oi_Laurent
Explorer
Hi Rudy
Can you tell me, where do you find the androidmanifest.Xml. I have the same problem, when i modify an androidManifest, the problem stay?

Thx 🙂

tsunami-njcrow
Honored Guest
I'm also looking for help on this.