cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build failing continuously

Exctazy57
Explorer
Hello everyone,

First, i'm sorry if it is not in the right category, i'm new on the forum.

So, let's get back to the problem.

I'm trying to build a virtual reality application on Oculus Go. I already built it several times to debug my app. But since i've add multiple 360 video, he won't let me build the apk.
At the first, it was working with only one video alone in the project. To solve that, i've checked all the video properties to "transcode" and "override for android" the videos. Then it worked with three videos. I've add two more videos in the project and now its not building anymore, one more time.

Also, i have a script that basically change the clip in the videoplayer in the scene when i click on the appropriate button. To do so, i've created a list of VideoClip where i put in the editor all my videos.

I think it might be because of the size of the video? The thing is i can't reduce the size of the video. If anyone have an idea on how to bypass that error please ...

Here is the error :
CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed. 
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_211\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-5.4.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx90000m" "assembleRelease"

stderr[

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':packageRelease'.
> org.gradle.tooling.BuildException (no error message)

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 39s
]
stdout[
> Task :checkReleaseClasspath UP-TO-DATE
> Task :preBuild UP-TO-DATE
> Task :preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE
> Task :compileReleaseAidl NO-SOURCE
> Task :compileReleaseRenderscript UP-TO-DATE
> Task :checkReleaseManifest UP-TO-DATE
> Task :generateReleaseBuildConfig UP-TO-DATE
> Task :prepareLintJar UP-TO-DATE
> Task :mainApkListPersistenceRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :generateReleaseResValues UP-TO-DATE
> Task :generateReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
> Task :mergeReleaseResources UP-TO-DATE
> Task :createReleaseCompatibleScreenManifests UP-TO-DATE
> Task :processReleaseManifest
> Task :splitsDiscoveryTaskRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :processReleaseResources
> Task :generateReleaseSources
> Task :javaPreCompileRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :compileReleaseJavaWithJavac UP-TO-DATE
> Task :compileReleaseNdk NO-SOURCE
> Task :compileReleaseSources UP-TO-DATE
> Task :lintVitalRelease
> Task :mergeReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
> Task :compileReleaseShaders UP-TO-DATE
> Task :generateReleaseAssets UP-TO-DATE
> Task :mergeReleaseAssets
> Task :transformClassesWithDexBuilderForRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :transformDexArchiveWithDexMergerForRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :mergeReleaseJniLibFolders UP-TO-DATE
> Task :transformNativeLibsWithMergeJniLibsForRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :checkReleaseLibraries UP-TO-DATE
> Task :processReleaseJavaRes NO-SOURCE
> Task :transformResourcesWithMergeJavaResForRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :validateSigningRelease UP-TO-DATE
> Task :packageRelease FAILED

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 6.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/5.4.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings
28 actionable tasks: 5 executed, 23 up-to-date
]
exit code: 1
UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools.RunJava (System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.Action`1 progress, System.String error) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1 progress) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
Rethrow as GradleInvokationException: Gradle build failed
UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1 progress) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildGradleProject.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <3c0b2fdf8ace4ae49f054e74ca773557>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 2 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:97

5 REPLIES 5

Exctazy57
Explorer
Up, please. It's kind of an emergency. Have to solve that for wednesday... Thank you any of you

RecoveryVR
Protege
I'm running into similar issues although my build is never failing. I have a project for the Quest with multiple 360 videos and it really inflates the size of the apk file. I'm not certain of this but it seems like each standalone headset has a maximum size limit for the apk you can put on it. Once you go past this size the builds can partially work or not work at all. Most often, it will just refuse to open any apk larger than that size. It seems to be around 500mb - 1GB for the Go and around 3GB for the Quest. 

I'm not sure if this will help you but you will probably have to find another way to get those videos through your build, whether that is through URLs or otherwise.

Exctazy57
Explorer
Alright, but on thoses headset you can play to several games that are much larger than 1 GB or 3 GB.. (Arizona sunshine, beat saber, Robot Recall ?). How is it possible ?

RecoveryVR
Protege
Arizona Sunshine is not on the Quest, Robo Recall is just barely under 3 gb and Beat Saber is around 400mb. APKs can be accompanied by OBB expansion files if you enable "Split Application Binary" in Edit->Project Settings->Player->Publishing Settings (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-OBBsupport.html). This just packages some of your build separately to keep the APK size down allowing to you theoretically have a 7gb build (3gb APK + 4gb OBB). I'm not sure about your situation but I'm going to need a lot of space so I will have to look further into local file paths on the Quest. Hope this you helps you somewhat. 

Exctazy57
Explorer
Hey Riddle,

Didn't had much time to answer sorry. So actually i've tried the splitting thing and it didn't worked. Although, i manage to find an API named "HeadJack", that is solving my problem (which was my videos too heavy and breaking the android building steps). Headjack is acting as a file server, so all my videos are on their servers and i just had to create some scripts to link my app and my videoplayers to the videos on their remote servers by using URL. Anyway, thanks for your time.