cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Build for Oculus Go with Unity Integration 1.32.0 and Unity 2018.3.0f2 on Mojave (10.14.2)

MikeSwanson
Protege
I'm running Unity 2018.3.0f2 on macOS Mojave (10.14.2) with Unity Integration 1.32.0 downloaded from the Unity Asset Store (basically, the most current version of these tools). When I try to build our project and deploy to the Oculus Go, I receive the following error:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "Assets/Oculus/VR/Plugins/1.32.0/Android/OVRPlugin.aar" or "Temp/StagingArea/aar/OVRPlugin.aar" is denied.
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (System.String from, System.String to, System.Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:210)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.ProcessPlugin (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context, System.String pluginPath, System.String pluginTargetCPU) (at <e1c3953b4cf040ddb1400046b1c34897>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.NativePlugins.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <e1c3953b4cf040ddb1400046b1c34897>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <e1c3953b4cf040ddb1400046b1c34897>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <e1c3953b4cf040ddb1400046b1c34897>:0)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <e1c3953b4cf040ddb1400046b1c34897>:0)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:286)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()

The path to the 1.32.0 plug-in is correct, and the permissions seem to match everything else in the asset. The Temp folder is created, and when I manually delete that folder and try again, I get the same error.

To see if I could reproduce this with a bare bones Unity project, I created a new project with an Android target, enabled Virtual Reality Supported, added Oculus under Virtual Reality SDKs, then added the Oculus (Android) package. Note that I did not import the Oculus Integration for this first test. This simple project builds, deploys, and runs as expected on my Go.

Next, I downloaded and imported Oculus Integration 1.32.0 from the Unity Asset Store into this simple project and allowed Unity to restart with the 1.32 plug-in. I had to comment-out using System.Security.Policy; from OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshRenderPBSV2Component.cs (which appears to be unnecessary) for the project to compile. When I build this simple project, I receive the same error.

After that, I completely uninstalled Unity, re-downloaded, and re-installed it, then re-created this test project with the same results. I'd love to reproduce this on a different Mac, but I don't have one handy.

Here's the simple project that I described if someone wants to try it themselves (it's large, because it includes the Oculus Integration package): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aLeei7_spLvHwTTA4dG5WhbOdWq_mOA0/view?usp=sharing
10 REPLIES 10

r0b0saru
Expert Protege
Also seeing this with the same Unity version on Windows

BigDaddio
Protege
Go to the package manager (Window -> Package Manager) and remove the Oculus (Android) package. I have not tested but I wonder if not installing the Oculus Integration from the store but instead using the package manager would work the same.

pbmouse
Protege
Is there anyone using 2018.3 for the Go successfully yet?

I was a smidge away from upgrading myself until I saw this thread...

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
Been trying FOR DAYS to get ANY simple Gear VR / Go apps to build in Unity 2018. As usual the "team" at oculus doesn't seem to know what is going on with ACTUALLY USING the tools. 

Anybody that wondered why there weren't many apps, THIS IS A MAIN REASON WHY. 

Tried various ways and set all the player settings and quality settings according to the oculus guide. Basically the team at oculus doesn't seem to have it together on the Unity 2018 tools at all...and it is ALREADY 2019!!!

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
And to note, tried this ON BOTH WINDOWS 10 AND OS X!!! SO FURIOUS about these crappy tools!!!

LudwigVRtualX
Explorer
Same problem on windows. Any solutions? I successfully used Unity 2018.3.0b12 (64-bit) to build my Oculus Go apps about a month ago on the same machine. Now Unity 2018.3.0f2 (64-bit) doesnt work.

LudwigVRtualX
Explorer
I found a solution for my problem: I had installed both the Oculus Integration from the asset store as well as the Oculus (Android) package from the package manager. Uninstalling the Oculus (Android) package in the package manager solved it.

DHARMAKAYA
Protege

I found a solution for my problem: I had installed both the Oculus Integration from the asset store as well as the Oculus (Android) package from the package manager. Uninstalling the Oculus (Android) package in the package manager solved it.

Thanks for that notification. That does solve that issue. How about LWRP? Functions? 

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Thanks everyone for the heads up! I have confirmed with our engineers that the Oculus (Android) package from within the Package Manager causes a conflict and should be removed. At this time, we recommend to either refrain from updating to Unity 2018.3.0f2, or to remove any Oculus packages from within the Package Manager.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!