cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Body in OVR Avatar on Oculus Go crash the app

StaRky_FR
Protege
I'm currently using Oculus integration 1.38 on Unity 2019.1.10f1.

Whenever I disable "Enable Body" on the Ovr Avatar script the app is crashing.

Fun fact, if I start my app while disconnecting the controller, the app is not crashing. When I connect the controller it does crash anyway.

I'm I the only one experiencing this ?

Does anybody tried to disable the body in OVR avatar on Oculus Go ?
5 REPLIES 5

MikeSftw
Honored Guest
Even though i'm developing on the Quest, i'm having the same issue.

I was using logcat to track the error and i got this:
09bth72xn4ks.png

Maybe the ovrAvatarPose_UpdateHandsWithType() function is what is causing all the trouble.

StaRky_FR
Protege
So far I'm fixing the problem with this script but I trully find this ugly.

private GameObject m_Avatar;

void LateUpdate()
    {
        // find and grab the avatar body object
        m_Avatar = GameObject.Find("body");

// if i've found the avatar body disable the skinned mesh renderers for each component
        if (m_Avatar != null)
        {
            SkinnedMeshRenderer[] avatar = m_Avatar.GetComponentsInChildren<SkinnedMeshRenderer>();
        }
    }

colin_love1
Explorer
My (Quest) app is crashing with the same bug. The weird thing is that this app used to work a month or two ago when I last ran it and I haven't edited/recompiled at all. I don't even remember agreeing to any update on the device. What gives?
I did a month of development work with Avatar Body disabled without issue, now none of my apps run. Imagine releasing an app, only to have it break later.

Next thing: I enable the Avatar body: Awesome! My app runs without crashing but... the hands are all messed up. It only shows one hand at a time, swaps when I press a button and tracks orientation without position. Hmm. That's interesting. Does my Quest now think its a Go?

colin_love1
Explorer
Fixed by going to Oculus menu in unity and creating a store-compatible manifest.

planetanyc
Honored Guest
"Create a store-compatible manifest" works (also with Quest)! Thanks!!