cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load files in assets/resources using the Android NDK

ejonathanlindgr
Explorer
I am trying to figure out how to load files from the assets or resources directory from C/C++ in my OculusGO. Does anyone know how to do this?

For example let's say we start with one of the examples in the mobile SDK, for example the VrCubeWorld_NativeActivity. How would I modify this project (by adding appropriate code to the VrCubeWorld_NativeActivity.c, MainActivity.java or other files) such that I can read from files that I put in the assets/resources directories and access them from the VrCubeWorld_NativeActivity.c file?

My current OculusGo SDK version is 1.18
1 REPLY 1

Phildo3
Protege
This is an excellent and straightforward question, to which I haven't found an up to date documented answer.

Have you by chance solved this? I would love to have an answer for my own project.

Rant:
It's absolutely unacceptable that Oculus' developer community forum is so dead that it can't answer such a simple and universal question. If anything Oculus should lock this whole useless forum to encourage people make their own communities rather than let people continue to dump questions here only to be ignored.