cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MoviePlayer_Sample change resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys,

I'm trying to play around a bit with the "MoviePlayer_Sample" example scene in unity that came with the oculus mobile SDK.
What i'm currently stuck with is trying to change the video resolution.
I discovered the resolution is hard coded in the MediaSurface.cpp file, so I changed it there, but I'm not sure what to do with it next...
What exactly do I need to recompile, and how do I do that (I have much knowledge in unity, but haven't really worked with any other work environment, so a step by step guide will be really helpful).

Many thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Hirdannen
Protege
Indeed, you have to change the hardcoded resolution in MediaSurface.cpp and recompile following trhe SDK's guidelines about native mobile development. Can't give you any more steps than those written in the documentation.

In the end, you will need to transfer the generated libOculus.so and the vrlib.jar into the Unity/plugin/Android (or something) folder.

RViana
Explorer
"hirdannen" wrote:
In the end, you will need to transfer the generated libOculus.so and the vrlib.jar into the Unity/plugin/Android (or something) folder.

Hi there!!
I can't see nothing in the sdks docs that declare how to generate vrlib.jar.
only vrplatlib.jar

from docs - "Native: Java
Copy the vrplatlib.jar library from /sdk/VRPlatform/libs/ into your project's /libs/ directory and add to your project's build path."

best
Ric

Hirdannen
Protege
The name of the .jar library must have changed during the iterations of the SDK, so it might be the same One. I recompiled vrlib.jar in September 2014 !