cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBB download from oculus use Base64 Public Key? or what is the correct way to do it?

Fernando_Carava
Honored Guest
Hi, how to setup the Google Play OBB Downloader since it is the recommended plugin to use for this matter, I have used with no problem on Google Play, but here only keeps searching the resource and never findit, I have uploaded both apk and obb to beta phase, the main reason probably is the Base64 public key, I tryed with the app secret but that dont work.
Using Unity 2017.3.1p4
2 REPLIES 2

Fernando_Carava
Honored Guest

Hi,

We provided a blog on how to upload obb files properly with your build here.

I am no familiar with "google play OBB downloader" and can't understand why you would need that in this use case.

If you want help with that plugin you should probably read the comments on its asset store page here.

Hi, thanks @imperativity for your answer, yes I follow the instruccions on that blog, I can upload and download with no issues the obb file, the problem comes when for some reason the user delete the obb file, according with the blog:

"If an expansion file is missing the user will be warned the next time they launch the application. We strongly recommend that your app verify the existence and validity of your expansion file at launch, and warn the user if that check fails."

but there are no instrucctions about doing this.

On the unity link provided on the blog, said to use the plugin "google play obb downloader" wich do verify the existence and validity of the obb on the device and try to download it, for that to work it need a public base64 key, wich is given by the store for the app on Google Play.

Or there is no way to do this? only check if the obb file is missing and if so, tell the user to reinstall manually from the store?

Fernando_Carava
Honored Guest
 Hi, thanks @imperativity for your answer, yes I follow the instruccions on that blog, I can upload and download with no issues the obb file, the problem comes when for some reason the user delete the obb file, according with the blog:

"If an expansion file is missing the user will be warned the next time they launch the application. We strongly recommend that your app verify the existence and validity of your expansion file at launch, and warn the user if that check fails."

but there are no instrucctions about doing this.

On the unity link provided on the blog, said to use the plugin "google play obb downloader" wich do verify the existence and validity of the obb on the device and try to download it, for that to work it need a public base64 key, wich is given by the store for the app on Google Play.

Or there is no way to do this? only check if the obb file is missing and if so, tell the user to reinstall manually from the store?