cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Developer Mode keeps turning off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or at least the switch in the More Settings screen is displaying that it is off. I'm developing on a Mac and been trying to enable DebugView to test Firebase Analytics integration in realtime unfortunately the Go is never listed by adb devices in terminal. I'm trying to isolate the issue but every time I connect using the Oculus companion app the Developer Mode switch displays as off. I am able to install my app via Unity build and run but we've run into issues installing updates to the app on other test devices (installed via ADB and not Unity) with errors requiring manual deletion of the app before installing the update. Unity has no problems pushing updated APKs to my dev device but that doesn't help with the other devices that had the APK installed via ADB. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Any recommendations for possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
@imperativity I see. So developing in Unity on the Mac for mobile devices isn't supported? Will developing on Windows also fix the issue with Oculus Go Developer Mode UI switch turning off? I can still install test apps so perhaps it's just an issue with Android app UI.

I have experienced no other issues developing on Mac with Unity for Gear VR over the last 2.5 years. I'm going to try and use my PC to enable debug view on the Oculus Go devices before moving my Android development over to Windows. Thanks for the info.