cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go: Lockdown to one app

sourcenity
Protege
Hi everybody,

a client is sending out Oculus Go to schools for demonstration. They would like to lock the device down such that only one preinstalled, non-store (sideloaded) app is playable, or even better, simply just starts when the device is used.

Has anyone done something similar? Is it possible, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Philip
8 REPLIES 8

Zucchini_Fred
Explorer
Would love to know this as well

nfa_VR
Honored Guest
I need as well.  Any help?
Even autoloading and limiting to Skybox or Plex would work for me.
Need to play back network stored video files.

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Hello everyone,

This functionality is currently not available and is a popular request among our community. I'll pass this feedback along to our internal team to review.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

sourcenity
Protege
@NinjaGaijin thank you for your response. Has there been any feedback from the dev team?

A related question is whether it is possible to show a sideloaded app in the main library (i.e. with images and all, not only as an item in a list). Thanks!

rob_brenchley_9
Honored Guest
I would like to lock down my Oculus as well for my buseinss and limit what can be played and viewed.

oculus_gabor
Protege

A related question is whether it is possible to show a sideloaded app in the main library (i.e. with images and all, not only as an item in a list). Thanks!

That is not possible. For an app to show up in the main library, it has to be downloaded from the store.

sourcenity
Protege

That is not possible. For an app to show up in the main library, it has to be downloaded from the store.

@oculus_gabor Yes, I am aware that it is not currently possible. My question was whether you would consider changing it to be possible in the future.

@NinjaGaijin Do you have any feedback on my "lockdown" request? Is there anywhere else I might go to request this feature and/or get additional information?

Thanks,
Philip

avivh
Explorer
I also like to distribute Oculus devices (GO \ QUEST) for education with one app.
Is it possible to have a default app to run on startup?