cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go controller touchpad issues (discussion)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Related bug report can be found here: https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/470815390013567/

The touchpad on the Oculus Go Controller sporadically reports significantly incorrect values for touch positions, mostly biased towards reporting a position of (0, 0) when the touchpad is clearly being touched, particularly towards the top of the touchpad.

What are your opinions on this, have you noticed issues or is everything working as intended for you?

62 REPLIES 62

motorsep
Rising Star

Has this issue been resolved?  I'm downloading the oculus go example scenes now but don't want to wait.  From what it sounds like we can't use the touchpad as a directional input?  Is this correct?  

I doubt it's been resolved. Kinda odd to see that it hasn't been resolved, considering Go launched a while back.

Halfspacer
Adventurer
Any news on this? 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star
@imperativity

By chance, are there any news about fixing the issue ? Thanks

motorsep
Rising Star
@imperativity

Awesome news, thank you! Any ETA on the upcoming update? (days, weeks, month)

Swamp7hing
Protege
@imperativity any idea when 3.47 will be pushed to the Go?

Swamp7hing
Protege
Great, thank you for addressing this issue!!

motorsep
Rising Star
@imperativity

Where can I check the current version?

firagabird
Adventurer
@motorsep

In Oculus Home, go to the Settings screen and select the Version tab. The first number is what you're looking for.
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

motorsep
Rising Star
3.47.... Mine is still 3.42  :open_mouth:

Sounds like either somehow my Go is severely outdated and doesn't want to get updates, or it means we are not getting controller fix until late 2019, which is when Santa Cruz comes out (hopefully) and people who want to play games will get that instead of Go, which will make Go essentially obsolete for gaming and this fix will be irrelevant.

Halfspacer
Adventurer
@motorsep

The version number has nothing to do with release date / time frame. For all we know, next update to be pushed to the Go might as well be the 3.47 one.