cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store submission feedback not coming through

tommosaur
Protege
There's been some moaning on the forums about some submissions being rejected without any reason given, but this thread isn't about that.
In case of one of my apps the status changed to "Changes Requested" but i didn't receive an email with change requests or feedback. I also can't look for the change requests online anywhere, the store submission only says "Changes requested" but doesn't show the actual changes requested anywhere.
So i wrote to support to ask if they could send the feedback again since i hadn't received it.
I then received an email from the generic support email address asking if i hadn't received an email from another email address which was meant to have the feedback and contact to dev relations, i said no and asked to please send it again, and thought, well, now i would hopefully receive it 😃
But well, no reply again since then.
So meanwhile i think something is maybe borked there with one or several of the email accounts or something, since some emails seem to make it through and others not.
I would love to get the feedback on the game and address whatever is needed to make it better and get it on the store as possible, so yeah, can you Oculus fellas please check what's up with those email boxes and send me the feedback?
Thanks 😃
12 REPLIES 12

CodingJar
Protege
That's the same state we received when we submitted our game the first time.  We never received feedback, though this time we're in the state "Rejected" as opposed to "Changes Requested".  As far as I know, they're equivalent and they don't send feedback or respond to e-mails.  Welcome to Oculus.
Developer of Elementalist X: Immersive and intense tower defense for Gear VR.

tommosaur
Protege
Hello there 😃
I submitted a few apps so i meanwhile know about a few of the possible result options.
So when it doesn't go through there is the "rejected" state result display which as far as i can tell can either lead to
-you get a generic email that the app doesn't meat the criteria, so no specific feedback
or
-you get an email in which it says the fellas liked the concept and/or see potential in it and recommend you work onwards on it (but without giving you specific feedback)

then there is the state result display "Changes requested", in that case you should actually get an email with specific feedback or other info. So for one of my apps that state was shown and that feedback email didn't make it through but meanwhile i got in touch with a fella at Oculus so i'll hopefully get feedback next week 😃

In case you had the status show as "changes requested" but didn't actually receive an email i'd check back on that in case it got stuck in the pipe.

CodingJar
Protege
Hello Tommosaur,

We got the generic rejection e-mail with "Changes Requested" on the first time around.  After contacting a developer relations representative, we were told "the feedback was all very generic, better UI, etc." but no official e-mail from the reviewer.  After spending months on tuning up all aspects of the project, (and uncovering a dreadful performance bug that has yet to be fixed), we got a generic e-mail with "Rejected" this time around.  Then, going through a ton of different avenues and successfully contacting multiple different developer relations personnel, they all stuck with "we don't give feedback" this time.  Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Developer of Elementalist X: Immersive and intense tower defense for Gear VR.

tommosaur
Protege
I see, bummer. And thanks for your good wishes.
Well, i meanwhile really think something is wrong there with the feedback system and sometimes mails from the Oculus team seem to get stuck.
I just checked my apps page and i have 4 apps with the status "changes requested" but i haven't received any email with change requests or other feedback on them.
(Only on the first i had received an email letting me know i would be contacted by dev relations but then that email didn't come in either so i wonder if the generic support email address works and not the person specific ones, well, dunno).

Can someone from the Oculus fellas please check if something is borked there with the emails not going through?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you already emailed submissions@oculus.com ? I know they can be slow to respond, but they should eventually get to the request.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tommosaur
Protege
thanks, yeah, i did and i got a reply from submissions@oculus.com letting me know that another fella from dev relations would get in touch and i'd get feedback from another email but that didn't come through, hence me wondering if the other email address's backend or something is borked 😃

tommosaur
Protege
Can someone from Oculus please change it so the "Changes requested" for a build are shown on the page for the app or the build one uploaded so one can see them there?
It is super frustrating to have several apps with status "changes requested" and no email coming through and nowhere else to look up the feedback at all.

Fulby
Heroic Explorer
I just got a 'changes requested' email and it went to the address set in About This App -> Contact Email which I had set to a different email from the one I registered my account under. It does explain this on the About page but I'd forgotten I used the different email address - I doubt this is your problem but thought it worth mentioning just in case.

tommosaur
Protege
Thanks for the tip 😃
Hm, now i'm even more confused though, for two of the apps i had entered a (working) email address on that page (but not email came in when they changed to changes requested state), for the others i had not entered an email address there, so not sure if it would have actually come through for those.