cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Reality SDK OpenVR failed to initialize. Will attempt to enable None instead.

jonnystrong1
Level 4
Hey guys,

Been working on developing a game for gear vr for a while now as a hobby, and its been going great. However, i am always getting these errors whenever i press play in the unity editor, however the dont show up in the console when i build, and my app runs great on the phone. (Galaxy S6):

Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.
Will attempt to enable Oculus instead.
Virtual Reality SDK Oculus failed to initialize.
Will attempt to enable OpenVR instead.
XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)"!
Virtual Reality SDK OpenVR failed to initialize.
Will attempt to enable None instead.

Doesn't seem to matter what version of unity or occulus SDK i use i've always had this issue. Is this a normal thing?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

teamradiant
Level 2
Facing the same issues.Any help would be appreciated

Halfspacer
Level 5
This is perfectly normal!
Your build settings are set to run the Oculus SDK, so when you hit play in the Editor and Unity doesn't find a connected VR headset - it eventually defaults to None (Meaning the game runs in regular 2D Monoscopic mode). 
The Warning only occurs when you try to run the game on a non-VR platform and is printed to the console just to let you know what's happening. It's safe to ignore 🙂

pedromasa
Level 2
I have spend the last 15 hours trying to figure out how to solve this error
XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code
VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be
located (110)"!

Finally looks like I got XR activated in WIN/MAC/... build settings too... (Im compiling for ANDROID).
So i just check it off and error disappear...

MMRIFT
Level 2

pedromasa said:

I have spend the last 15 hours trying to figure out how to solve this error
XR: OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code
VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be
located (110)"!

Finally looks like I got XR activated in WIN/MAC/... build settings too... (Im compiling for ANDROID).
So i just check it off and error disappear...

Hi, 
can you be more specific about what you did to change the setting and where you did it?
For dummies.
The error only appears when I run Alyx, it's my only VR game in steam
OpenVR Error! OpenVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound: "Installation path could not be located (110)"!

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 7.51.55 AM.png

just go to your project settings, then in the player -> xr settings section shown in above image, delete the openvr in the list (select it then press - )