cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gearvr Oculus Sample Framework 1.12.0 does does work on latest Unity or gearvr builds

vonMaxIngTime
Honored Guest
Unity 5.5.2p3
Gear VR service latest update as of April 4 2017, it has a new white input into device screen
latest oculus app update on phone
Samsung s6

When I create a new project and import the OculusSampleFramework_1.12.0.unitypackage
and build to the phone after setting the vr settings in player preferences
The app shows the fading Oculus logo scene and then the startup scene with clouds.

Afterwards the menu is in display, pressing the trackpad for a click event shows and hides the menu but never sends the click event to the options and scenes selections available so I can never get to the demo scenes

If I test the app on the desktop with a mouse look script attached to the camera and press the space bar the app works.

Now testing on older version 5.4 and 5.5 each console sends this after selecting the file
Package corrupted, deduced GUID exists but at different destination path, refusing import.

update:
5.4 built and the interface does work as expected HOWEVER since its an older version it has the back button cancel sends app into oblivion needing a restart of the app bug that was fixed in 5.5.2p3 But here goes the loop, I need BOTH things to work so I can scoop out a working test of files to implement scene / Global Menu back and forthness 

trying to test 5.5 non patch version, its hung right now trying to build. It has an error I can read "AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import. This should not happen"

what magic version did people use in the 5.5x series that got past store with the scene and global menu launcher?

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Moving to mobile developer section.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vonMaxIngTime
Honored Guest
More. latest stable Unity 5.5.3f1 finally gets the clicks to kinda work. The tap pad shows and hides the menu like before but if you keep show and hiding it you can get the levels some times to load but you have to really work at it so thats wonky broken. The teleport scene is super over blown in the highlights rendering. In the paint ball scene taping the track pad to shoot toggles the menu again and again

It seems to get worse as you navigate into scenes and try others. Have not tried them all cause oy...