cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[14/01/19 Beta v0.2.2 coming] SKYBOX Beta Testers and Language Volunteers needed (Oculus Go/Gear VR)

Skybox.xyz
Protege

Hi friends,

We are SKYBOX STUDIO. Some of you might be familiar with our product: SKYBOX VR VIDEO PLAYER

First we want to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for all of your support and patience in 2018.

Thanks to our beta testers, the latest releases of SKYBOX are stable and with good performance.

Right now, we are developing the v0.2.2 and plan to release it officially in late January. Since our user base is growing, we are looking for more beta testers with Oculus Go / Gear VR.

In v0.2.2, we will introduce the Global Setting and make it more comfortable for you to watch videos while lying down.

Here are the features we want to test in v0.2.2:

1. [Feature] Global Setting

- Language (de/en/es/fr/ja-JP/ko-KR/ru/zh-CN/zh-TW)

- Clear history cache

- Adjust fast forward/backward interval

- Allow 3-rd party application to set SKYBOX as default player (only available on Gear VR)

- AirScreen Auto Connect

- Display time & battery info on the play panel

- Change to 60Hz refresh rate when playback videos (only available on Oculus Go)

2. [Feature] Support swipe up/down on controller to adjust distance in 180/360 videos

3. [Feature] Scrollbar

4. [Feature] Refresh button on local directory and AirScreen

5. [Feature] Click to switch between full length info and remaining length info (on the right of the play panel)

6. [Feature] Add filename recognition for Youtube 360 #EAC360 and Youtube 180 #F180#VR180

7. [Feature] Add video frame rate info when fast click "CHANNELS" for five times

8. [Optimization] Screen follow slowly when using "Lock Screen"

9. [Optimization] "Click here to reset view" to pan the screen left/right

If you signed up for the previous round, you do not have to sign up again. Simply update your SKYBOX from the Oculus Store after the Beta Release.

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester, please send your Oculus registered email to us at support@skybox.xyz with a title BETA TEST & Oculus Go / Gear VR.

If you no longer wish to be a beta tester, email us at support@skybox.xyz and we will remove you from the beta tester list right away.

To be a beta tester can be rough sometimes because the new features or upgrade could influence you negatively depending on your own usage patterns. So please don't get too mad and just talk to me 🙂 I'm sure we will solve it for you very quickly.

For Language Volunteers, we desperately need a hand for checking our Google-translated wording in French/Japanese/Korean/German/Russian/Spanish/Traditional Chinese.

If you are interested, please send us an email with a title Language Help at support@skybox.xyz indicating your language specialty and we will send more infos to you.

We thank you for your support and MOST IMPORTANTLY, we hope you have fun and enjoy SKYBOX 😛

Cheers,

SKYBOX STUDIO

27 REPLIES 27

Lupin-III
Honored Guest
Hello good video Player? let's see

solidshadow
Explorer
So far the release still says 0.1.9:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1256687334386627/

"Beta release" is referring to subscribed beta testers only? Beeing released in subscribers mailboxes as an apk ? I Havent found a single download link yet.

LZoltowski
Champion

So far the release still says 0.1.9:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1256687334386627/

"Beta release" is referring to subscribed beta testers only? Beeing released in subscribers mailboxes as an apk ? I Havent found a single download link yet.

I believe once accepted to the beta it should appear in the App Store app at the very bottom, under My Preview Apps
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Skybox.xyz
Protege

Hi there, 
1. Beta release is avaliable only to those who signed up as beta testers.
2. Once signed up, when we release a beta version, the subscribers's Oculus store will update SKYBOX to the newest release automatically.

After the beta test, if everything goes smoothly, we will then have the official release version available to all users.

SKYBOX STUDIO

xmnk
Explorer
I have tried your player only for a few minutes or so (for now), but i have found the playback has slight stutter/judder to it when playing 60fps videos (like all the other players really, except Oculus Gallery). Could it be that this is the thing of a 72hz mode? Oculus Gallery still plays 60fps videos @ 60hz, could this perfect lineup be the reason for a super smooth stutter-free playback, when compared to the other players? Or is there something else to it that could be fixable?

Skybox.xyz
Protege

xmnk said:

I have tried your player only for a few minutes or so (for now), but i have found the playback has slight stutter/judder to it when playing 60fps videos (like all the other players really, except Oculus Gallery). Could it be that this is the thing of a 72hz mode? Oculus Gallery still plays 60fps videos @ 60hz, could this perfect lineup be the reason for a super smooth stutter-free playback, when compared to the other players? Or is there something else to it that could be fixable?

Hi there,

The 72hz mode could not be the reason for the stuttering 60fps video playback.

We played many 60fps videos now but we haven't spotted such issue. Would you please share us one 60fps video which you found stuttered at support@skybox.xyz so we can test and improve this? 

Thank you very much for your help.

xmnk
Explorer
It's the same for all 60fps videos. It's a subtle stutter (like, it feels more like a 50fps video), but definitely noticeable when compared to Oculus native player playback. At least on my Go.

cantenna
Protege

Hi friends,

We are SKYBOX STUDIO. Some of you might be familiar with our product: SKYBOX VR VIDEO PLAYER

Sybox Jupiter environment make my go very HOT to the touch!!! I really like the space, but I am wary of using it out of fear of causing damage to my Go. Would be great if space could be optimized so that the Go doesn't run that hot 

Skybox.xyz
Protege

Sybox Jupiter environment make my go very HOT to the touch!!! I really like the space, but I am wary of using it out of fear of causing damage to my Go. Would be great if space could be optimized so that the Go doesn't run that hot 

Hi there, 
Thank you for your feedback. 
Please drop us an email at support@skybox.xyz. We need more details to look into this issue.
Cheers.

cory_todd_5
Honored Guest
Joining beta. Can your player playback frame-packed 3d mkv files?