cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to recover bookmarked apps disappeared after battery low shutdown?

faxtolder
Explorer
Hi there, I'm new here, got the Go since the very beginning and I'm enjoying it very much!

i just had a pretty annoying problem today: my Go understandably shut itself down for dead battery after I ignored all the alerts (my fault, I just hoped I could end up that level on time...).

Anyway, this type of shut down has to be a bit traumatic for the device, in fact, much less understandably, when I put it on after having properly charged it, I noticed that all the bookmarked apps I had in my library (not dowloaded, just bookmarked) disappeared: the bookmarks page of the library menu isn't there anymore! I'm not saying it's empty, it just gone! I'm calling it bookmarks page as my menu is in Italian, hence I don't know if in English that's the correct name, anyway you understand me.

Is there any way I can recover my lost bookmarked titles? It took me hours to build a library of 30 apps to buy and download in the forthcoming future! Please don't make me start from the beginning!

thanks loads, Marco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

faxtolder
Explorer
Ciao, as I see that this topic is hot and has bothered thousands of people  😄 , just for the records let me just update you all about the answer I've been given by Oculus Support after I opened a related ticket: apparently the feature of bookmarking apps for later download was removed on purpose by Oculus through a software update... I'm not sure whether to be more surpised by such a strange decision, or by the fact that I'm the only one who's pissed off by this! Did anybody like me had built a library of dozens of titles for later download, and now is forced to rebuild it on a Real Reality piece of paper?!? In fact, now that I notice that, not only the saved apps menu is gone, but also the little white flag to select apps on the top right corner is, at least when you find them through the search option. The flag is still present sometimes when you pick apps from the Home menu, but even if you tackle it then there is no effect, and if you get back into the app later, the flag appears unflagged. Anyway, for the ones interested, I discovered that you can retrieve the apps you bookmarked from the Privacy management area of your profile on the Oculus website: they are still there listed! Cheers from Italy!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

faxtolder
Explorer
Ciao, as I see that this topic is hot and has bothered thousands of people  😄 , just for the records let me just update you all about the answer I've been given by Oculus Support after I opened a related ticket: apparently the feature of bookmarking apps for later download was removed on purpose by Oculus through a software update... I'm not sure whether to be more surpised by such a strange decision, or by the fact that I'm the only one who's pissed off by this! Did anybody like me had built a library of dozens of titles for later download, and now is forced to rebuild it on a Real Reality piece of paper?!? In fact, now that I notice that, not only the saved apps menu is gone, but also the little white flag to select apps on the top right corner is, at least when you find them through the search option. The flag is still present sometimes when you pick apps from the Home menu, but even if you tackle it then there is no effect, and if you get back into the app later, the flag appears unflagged. Anyway, for the ones interested, I discovered that you can retrieve the apps you bookmarked from the Privacy management area of your profile on the Oculus website: they are still there listed! Cheers from Italy!