cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Deleting videos from oculus gallery does not delete them for me

karrtoon
Expert Protege
I tried deleting some items from the oculus gallery app. They are VR180 format videos from my lenovo mirage VR camera. Deleting them takes them out of the list, but when I connect the headset to my PC and go to the movies folder I can see that they are actually all still there under the internal storage. Shouldn't the delete function actually delete the files instead of just de-listing them from the oculus gallery app?

Also just about 10 minutes ago I tried to copy a very large video file to my device under movies, it was too large so I deleted it. Now I can't get the space I had back. Before I copied the file I had 10GB left, after deleting it I didn't get the space back and it says I only have 1gb left on the internal storage. So two strange issues happening here. Does anyone at Oculus know what's going on? Can someone try to copy a large file (over 10gb) to movies, then delete it and see if it shows your space back under windows and This PC\VR-Headset\Internal Shared Storage?
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do a restart and the space will reappear, I think there maybe some tweaking in software required for deleting files 🙂 

karrtoon
Expert Protege
Thanks, I think the restart worked, I see the space back again. Now the only issue is when I delete videos from within the Oculus gallery app they are still there when I connect it to my pc and check.

The only way I can actually delete then is from Windows.