cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Oculus Go Home -> Redirects to Library

przecinek
Rising Star
Anyone had this problem? I can't access "Home" part of Go. All the "Recommended for you" etc fields are blank and then I get quickly redirected to Library..

It sucks as Home always throws at you a bunch of non-gaming experiences that you wouldn't have found or searched for otherwise. 

Any way of fixing this without having to do a factory reset? Ps. Wifi working fine. 
8 REPLIES 8

LZoltowski
Champion
Very odd issue. You have done a full shut down and then power up right?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

przecinek
Rising Star
Yup. Restarted, tried different wi-fi networks, running tutorial again 😉 etc 

Go seems to communicate fine - 
In mobile companion app if I click "recent" I can see all the apps I have used recently and they appear in correct order but Home is still not loading up. Will try to reinstall companion app and then re-pair.

bobcat36
Honored Guest
Hi, I've had exactly the same issue.  I've been in communication with the support team and they can't figure out what the problem is as of yet.  I've factory reset and relaoded the app as they instructed, to no avail.  They asked me to send a video to them in their most recent email, and streamed to Facebook last night, downloaded the video and sent it off.  I've had no response yet.  If they get back to me, I'll let you know.

przecinek
Rising Star

bobcat36 said:

Hi, I've had exactly the same issue.  I've been in communication with the support team and they can't figure out what the problem is as of yet.  I've factory reset and relaoded the app as they instructed, to no avail.  They asked me to send a video to them in their most recent email, and streamed to Facebook last night, downloaded the video and sent it off.  I've had no response yet.  If they get back to me, I'll let you know.

@bobcat36 I also did factory reset (losing all my saves) and was surprised to see problem still persists. Do you have a linked FB account? Cause I don't and was thinking maybe lack of FB integration is causing home to break? If you're in touch with support you can let them know about this thread so that they know it's not an isolated issue ::smile:

bobcat36
Honored Guest
Hi there.  The latest was a member of Oculus support asking me to send her a photo of my versions, which I did yesterday.  Still no reply.  I will, indeed, let them know about this thread.  In fact:

1) I'm a member of some Oculus Go groups on Facebook and some members on there have had the same issue.

2) I've just been back to the shop I purchased my Go from and got a replacement model (paying exta to go from 32 gigs to 64 gigs) and that 'new' Go has exactly the same problem with it.  It must be a firmware / software issue rather than a problem with the machine itself.

When I sent the original video of the problem, the support person who got back to me said that the new update shouldn't allow me to have an environment.  Now that I've just set up my new Go, that doesn't allow me to have an environment (maybe this is the new default mode, which is a shame as I liked having an environment).  I wait with bated breath for my next response from the Oculus support team.  I'm hoping they are aware that this is a problem for many.

I'll keep you updated.
:-:smile:

cybereality
Grand Champion
If this is the issue I'm thinking of, it happens with your phone app and Go get un-synced. I believe what you want to do is restart Go and open the companion app and click the serial number in device settings to re-sync.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bobcat36
Honored Guest
Cybereality: I ensured my phone and headset were synced and this didn't solve the problem, but thank you for the suggestion.

przecinek: The lastest message I have had from Oculus Support (received September 12th) is as follows:

"Hello Bob,

Thanks for your patience while this was escalated for review. I wanted to reach out and let you know we're aware of this behavior and have been investigating a solution. I will follow up with you if we require additional information and I'll let you know once we have a resolution for you. You will most likely need to continue to update whenever the option is available to see future software enhancements. If you require additional assistance in the meantime please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

George
Oculus Support"

So, it seems they are definitely looking into this.

Cheers,

Bob

🙂 

przecinek
Rising Star
Update: Issue got fixed (I'm guessing overnight). I didn't have to do anything so it was probably some over the air update. 

Glad to be able to access access Home again! 🙂